Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial) SoHo Grand Hotel

jmason63
By jmason63,
in

I used one of the recommended bidding strategies to place 15 bids for these dates starting at $200 and ending at $350 (rejected for MTW, UM/CPS, MTS, UWS).

My wife and I are spending a long weekend to experience NY during the Christmas season. We arrive in JFK saturday evening. We plan to spend Saturday night in manhattan. On Sunday we plan to tour the city and attend afternoon services at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Monday is Rockettes and Phantom (tickets already purchased).

It seems like I can book the 3* Paramount on Hotwire for $280/$309 per night. Any suggestions for something better in the same price range ($250-300)?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's usually not recommended to use strategies posted for dates that aren't identifical to your own as it can lead to wasted bidding opportunities, or worse, an overbid.

The Hotel QT above seems like a good option, especially since it is a "Pay When You Stay" rate which means that it's cancellable... this gives you the opportunity to continue to try to better your deal.

I think the Paramount doesn't get great reviews and the rooms are very small... even by NYC standards!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, the Hotel QT looks like a great value so I went ahead and made a reservation.

I used the SavingsBarn link towards the end of my bidding -- after reading the request on other posts.

Do you know why the rates are so high in this period? Is it the Christmas season or is there another factor?

I'd like to try bidding again next week so any suggestion would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]