Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Newark - Airport EWR) Doubletree Airport

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Last minute trip to NYC. Prices too high in the city and even Meadowlands was high. Checked Hotwire and they show a "3 star customer favorite" at $64 at Newark Airport. Amenities listed for that include pool, restaurant and fitness center. It may well be the Doubletree but after a bad Hotwire experience recently (really bad hotel that they claimed was a 2*).... I'm a bit gun shy.

Started PL bid at $65 for 3* Jersey City, added Secaucus-Meadowlands and moved to $67. Still no luck - stayed at $67 and won the Doubletree when I added Airport zone. I think I could have layed around with rebids and gotten this a few $ cheaper but in a hurry as usual and this wotrks for me

Doubletree Hotel Newark Airport

1000 Spring Street

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201

Your Offer Price: $67.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $134.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $28.21

Total Charges: $162.21

did you happen to see a Shuttle icon associated with this property when using Hotwire? Without the customer favorite, the Sheraton Four Points matches this description, and had you "won" this hotel, it very well may have been your last Hotwire stay :)

The Doubletree was formerly the Wyndham, and I've stayed here several times without a hitch. My only beef is the cost for parking and High Speed internet add about $22 to your bill.

Thanks for the report on this property.... NJ awaits your return. :)

For anyone following along note that there has been some re-zoning in the Newark Area and "Elizabeth" has been separted from one of the previous "Newark Airport" zones (of which there were two).

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

did you happen to see a Shuttle icon associated with this property when using Hotwire? .....

My only beef is the cost for parking and High Speed internet add about $22 to your bill.

Yes there was a shuttle icon. How much is the parking and does it include unlimited in/out privileges?

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]