Priceline Hotel: 4* Rochester (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

irish6004
By irish6004,
in

I am loooking for a hotel in downtown Rochester for 1 night on Wednesday, December 14th. I have successfully bid on priceline before in Rochester and received the Hyatt. I also see other members posting wins for the Hyatt recently. I started my bidding at $45, which was rejected. I added a rebid zone and increased my bid to $50, which was also rejected. I added a third and final rebid zone and increased my bid to $55, which was rejected. I'm staying ther for the James Taylor concert which may perhaps account for the seemingly high demand. I suppose I will have to wait the 72 hours and try again starting at $60. Hotwire is listing what looks like the Hyatt for $90, but hopefully I won't have to go that high.

Rates for this date are not out of line with when we typically see the above bid amounts excepted, but most recently this hotel has accepted these bid amounts only about a week before check-in date (although there is a chance that the hotel is not releasing inventory due to the concert)

If you're willing to chance that the Hotwire inventory dries up (are their other suitable options should this occur) i would bid as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60.

The above will give you one extra bidding opportunity.

I would stick with the above until inside of 1 week before arrival (book a cancellable back-up in the meantime... see our SUPPORT PAGE for hotel-direct links). Once inside of a week, i would first check if Hotwire still has an offer at $90, if so, repeat the bidding strategy above starting at $5 more than the amount of your previously rejected bid, then increase each bid by $5.

The caveat to the above of course is that what is now available thru Hotwire at $90 is no longer avaialble inside of a week, but that is a decision you can decide if you wish to take. If you find a suitable and cancellable back-up let us know what it is and how much and we'll give our thoughts as to the risk/reward of waiting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed the exact bidding strategy aboove, with the exception that I bid $63 on my fourth and final bid and was rejected. I will try again in 72 hours and should it not work after a few more tries I hopefully will have hotwire to fall back on. I cheapest cancellable room downtown was upwards of $150 and I'd rather drive home than pay that.

No luck again!

Bid $45... rejected

Rebid $55... rejected

Rebid $60... rejected

Rebid $70... rejected

I can book the Hyatt for $89 through my corporate travel agency. I might just do that as Hotwire has a 3.5* for $94 and that would be before the fees. Perhaps I'll try once more on Sunday.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]