Priceline Hotel: Looking for help with downtown Minneapolis MN hotel

sevenwonders81
By sevenwonders81,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific so you can't compare them.

My guess would be that you're looking at approx $120/night if you want to get a 4*.

What is your max budget/night before tax/fee's?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I am hoping to not spend more then 300 total if possible. I have placed bids from 80-120 on Priceline for 4* and nothing was excepted. I friend of mine suggested going really low as he got a 4 star hotel once for under 80.00 dollars a night through one of those bidding sites. He said if your bid is not excepted just keep bidding higher and see what happens. I got to 120 and still they wouldn't accept my bid. I wan't to be close the the Target Center since I am going there for a concert and would like to be able to walk back to my hotel.

Unfortunately, these dates are unusually expensive for Minneapolis. Based on the rates I'm seeing *at this point*, my guess is that you're looking at $145-155 for a 4* in the downtown area, but I would try at levels between $120-145 first. The other question becomes is there an area a little further out that would be cheaper, but you could use the savings for a taxi to the concert? Is the concert both nights?

I'm seeing what appears to be the 4* Commons Hotel for $140. The 4* in the downtown zone on HOTWIRE is showing at $170. In the Downtown East - University of Minnesota area, there's also a 3* for $79 on HOTWIRE.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Minneapolis has the blue line light rail running from the Target Center and downtown  south to the airport and Mall of America.  And also the new green line east through the University of Minnesota to downtown Saint Paul  

CLICK HERE to see a map of the lines.  

If downtown Minneapolis doesn't work for you, these transport options make several other Priceline areas workable.  You can get a general idea of possible rates looking at Priceline.Express, but bidding likely will be a little bit less expensive.

Romelle

• 1 month later...

not sure if 7wonders is still in the mix for finding a hotel but, what romelle suggested was exactly what i was thinking reading that post. taking the blue line from mall of america to downtown is probably the better bet since there are a lot more hotels by the mall of america vs what is in st paul. and if we're talking about a sober trip back to the hotel after the concert, there are probably 5-10 hotels in a ten minutes or less drive from the MOA train station that could work, especially if there is a substantial price savings.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]