Priceline Hotel: Help getting Hyatt in Valencia

tuxcedo
By tuxcedo,
in

I'm hoping to get the Hyatt in valencia for 5 nites beginning on Feb 28th. I bid $49 on the 3 star hotels in valencia and was rejected. I'm new to this forum but have read the great info by Thereuare on how to bid before 72 hours. My problem is that I can't find another area around valencia with less than 3 stars. Do you have any suggestions for me? I could use a strategy!! I'd be willing to pay up to $60. Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'll warn that you could get a hotel other than they Hyatt, but with that disclaimer...

You are correct that you don't have any re-bid zones available at the 3* level. Rates for your dates are a bit higher than usual, and this hotel has most recently needed $65 to be won. I would suggest raising your maximum bid to $65 to increase your chances of success.

Since you have some time you could bid $51, wait 72 hours, bid $56, wait 72 hours, bid $60, wait 72 hours, and bid $65. Given the higher rates for your dates i'm not even certain that $65 will find success, but i suspect you won't likely have success under $60/nite.

If you try $60 and are rejected i would consider alteranate plans... including lowering your star rating or including other zones that may be acceptable for your needs.

Let us know what route you take and how it goes, or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You may also want to consider if you would want to split your stay (or stay less nights) as depending on the occupancy the Hyatt may not be available all that week. It tends to be a convention center so if there is anything on in the hotel that week it may be difficult. Have you looked at the rates on Hyatt.com and if they change during your stay? There is a link to the website on the Support Betterbidding page. Great hotel, hope you get it.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]