brentnashville
By brentnashville,
in

$23 for 1 room and 1 night + $8.49 taxes / fees = $31.49

Baymont Inn, Columbia, SC East

1538 Horseshoe Drive

Columbia, SC 29223

Hotel's website

I was looking for the cheapest hotel I could find for a one night stop. Hotwire had a 2* hotel for $30 and I wanted to use priceline to see if I could beat that.

I bid up to $30 using free rebids for the zones Columbia Airport, i26 west & Irmo, Northeast and Northwest. I did not bid in Central Columbia. I started at 3*, then 2 1/2*, then 2*. Then I started bidding on 1* at $22 and was rejected, then $23 and was accepted.

• 4 weeks later...

While I was checking in to this Baymont hotel, the front desk clerk asked if I used Hotwire to make this purchase. Obviously, that tells me that, although I used pricline to book this room, I could have used hotwire also. This hotel only had two amenities which hotwire would mention, free breakfast and an outdoor pool.

I went to hotwire's website, looked up Columbia, SC, then the Columbia Northeast zone. two hotels were listed and one looks like a match. There was a 2* hotel listed with breakfast and pool for $29 a night.

Thought I'd pass this along...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]