Priceline Hotel: Pittsburgh information

zebazga
By zebazga,
in

I'm going to Pittsburgh in December and will be travelling around the city. I've never been there and since I'm travelling all over the city, I can stay anywhere.

I don't know what the priceline areas are like. Does anyone have advice on where to avoid or shoot for? Greenlawn seems to have cheaper prices, but the last time I got a two star hotel (obviously a different city), it wasn't the safest place in the world.

So any general Pittsburgh advice before I do more bidding would be appreciated! Thanks.

You may want to do a bit more research on a more "general travel site" to determine which areas would be the most convenient for you.

Once you have narrowed down the zone(s) let us know your maximum bid and the actual dates of your stay and we'll advise how to best proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've pricelined in a few of the Pittsburgh areas. Generally I can get a 2.5 star in the University (Oakland) area for $40, but sometimes those are full. Perhaps it depends on Pit/Mellon events. It's a nice area to walk around.

I'll be staying at the Wyndham there over the Thanksgiving holiday, and have stayed there in Dec. as well for that price.

My back up area for $40 or less for a 3*is Greentree. This is a suburban office area, with nothing interesting to see that I've found, but a short distance from downtown.

I've also stayed in the Cranberry area for $30 at a 2* place, and $50 for a Suite hotel, but I think the Suite hotel was through Hotwire where you can see a little more what your are getting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]