Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Bakersfield (Bakersfield North) La Quinta Inn and Suites Bakersfield North

BestValue
By BestValue,
in

Started with BB link to Price.Line.  bid $51, $61, $71 for 3* rejected, using free zones, then bid $71 for 2.5 *, received a counter offer at $87 accepted.

Hmm!  I checked the hotel's website, for the same date, and I am paying an overall cost of $12.65 more using Price.line? The hotel website rate, same date,  for a senior citizen, I qualified, is $88 plus $5.28 tax for a total of $93.28. Priceline charges were $87 plus $18.93 taxes and fees for a total of $105.93.  What happened to the advertised 50% savings?

This highly rated Price.line hotel, is pet friendly, we noted the sound of a small dog coming from one of the rooms also I woke up with swollen irritated eyes, the cost of a pet friendly hotel?  At the check in desk, an open letter from the general manager requests guests to clean up after their pets, so that other guest don`t need to tiptoe thru the property`s lawn.

Complimentary breakfast, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, coffee, fruit juice, oatmeal, bananas, cantaloupe, yogurt, etc.

Sorry to see this one wasn't much of a 'deal' for you... like all travel sites, PRICELINE's Best Rate Guarantee only apples to rates that are available to the general public, so your senior rate wouldn't apply. I don't know if there was any event taking place in the city for your nite above, but if the hotel was crowded or have high occupancy levels the amount of discount they made available to PRICELINE may not have been as deep as during more 'normal' times.

Other than hearing the nearby pet, hopefully you enjoyed your stay and agree with the high rating that others have given it.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Hope your future stays have the deeper discounts that you have become accustomed to.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]