Priceline Hotel: Toronto's 3*'s better than 4*'s

anonplz
By anonplz,
in

FWIW, when I go to Toronto, I find that the 3*'s are much better in terms of value due to their better location than 4*'s.

For example, the 4* Sheraton is down on Queen Street West, which is great if you want to go shopping or if you have business in town, but for my money, I much prefer the 3* Courtyard, which is in a location with a lot of night activities, restaurants and cafe's.

I guess what you should do before bidding is find out where it is most convenient for you in order to reach your destinations, because Toronto is so very cold for much of the year!

NOTE: Recently, Priceline added effectively 2* hotels to their stable of 3*'s, which some bidders may find to be problematic. Until this situation is resolved, there is a risk that you may be unsatisfied with P/L's 3* bidding. Also, note that if you want to be in the Yonge/Bloor area, there are many affordable B&B's in the area.

• 3 months later...

I'd definately agree that 3*s in Toronto are often better values than 4*s. My information though is that Priceline has the Sheraton on Queen St. West as a 3* - although it really should be a 4*. Another example of a 3* being a better value, assuming the Sheraton's location works for the bidder.

The going rate for a 3*in DT Toronto, given normal availability, hovers around $35 with the current exchange rate. Bids in the $30s to $40s are very likely safe from being upgraded to 4* given that the lowest 4* acceptance appears to be in the low $50s to, in most cases, $60s.

The Strathcona unfortunately is the rotten apple in the DT Toronto 3* barrel. If they would just kick it down to 2 1/2* or even 2* where it belongs, bidding on this zone at 3* would be a real treat.

• 3 years later...

You've got to be kidding! Having stayed at both the Sheraton on Queen and the Courtyard on Younge, one cannot compare the two. Courtyard is old and tired looking, musty even, while the beds at the Sheraton are beyond compare.

We were at the Sheraton during the great blackout a few summers ago. How a hotel handles a crisis tells you tells you a lot about it. Water was made available to everyone. When it became clear that this was no ordinary blackout, my daughter walked up to the 32nd floor to retrieve our luggage from where a hotel employee carried most of it down and then refused a tip at first. I insisted. We were then assigned a 5th floor room. I'd go back to the Sheraton like a shot.

The original poster also forgot to mention the Sheraton's proximity to the subway stop. One doesn't even have to go outside.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]