RNO-LIH 10/4 or 5 to 10/11 or 12

morganmorgan
By morganmorgan,
in

Just starting a attempted buy and figured I would put the details in a post for fun...used the links...of course

RNO-LIH

Sat/Sat List $775+ with Fees

Sun/Sun List $675+ with Fees

Tried Sat/Sat $375 Bid $70 Fees $448 with fees and rejected - got offers -Offers were all pretty much retail

Tried Sun/Sun $375 Bid $70 Fees $448 with fees and rejected - got back to retail page - different message - see below

Sorry - Unable to book your airline tickets

Airline availability and pricing is constantly changing and we were unable to book the flights you requested.
Please select an alternative option from the itineraries below. Prices are per ticket including all taxes and fees.

will try ~400 tomorrow

Trying the Sunday/Sunday combo

$375 / $73.05 / $448 total - low retail shows $675 today

Airline availability and pricing is constantly changing and we were unable to book the flights you requested.
Please select an alternative option from the itineraries below. Prices are per ticket including all taxes and fees

Picked 'Non-jet aircraft' - I already know there are none that fly out of Reno

$401 / $69.45 / $470 total - funny - taxes lower

Please select an alternative option from the itineraries below. Prices are per ticket including all taxes and fees.

We'll keep playing later this week..

Got offers for other days...pretty much retail

Availability has actually gotten a little better over the last year, but deep discounts on airfare is still difficult as no new capacity has been added to the system and there are still very few open seats on most routes.

At least you have a bit of time to keep trying... keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just having a little fun for now...I figure i'll be buying retail tickets in a few weeks anyway

Tried a rural city instead of the airport city to see if that works like exclusion zones for hotels...

Lowest Retail is $675 on PL Main Site

Carson City, NV - LIH Sun/Sun $401 / $73.05 / $474 

Reno, NV - LIH $415 / $73.05  / $488 - looks like the exclusion city trick works!

Rejected

Sparks, NV - LIH $425 / $73.05  / $498

Rejected

Minden, NV - LIH $440 / $73.05  / $513

Rejected

Try Sat/Sat for fun too...getting close to where the potential savings for a opaque deal is not enough to make it worth it

Low Retail is $770 today

$451 / $74 / $525

Got offers...nothing worth getting,  Funny that I don't get offers on Sun/Sun, but I get them on Sat/Sat

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]