Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) Crowne Plaza

sharchar
By sharchar,
in

We're taking a seminar at the Meadowlands Exposition Center Dec 2-4 and need to find a hotel for Thursday through Sunday.

Would like free parking and comfortable beds.

Other ammenities don't matter because the seminar is running late, so I guess we'll just be in the room to sleep.

Which are the best areas to bid on?

I tried Secaucus - North Bergen

3* then 2* at $55-70

Not available.

What areas do you suggest I add, if any?

Do more rooms become available there last minute, or is earlier booking better?

I will book a cancellable room in the meantime.

TIA

Sharon

What is your maximum room rate? Will you have a car? You want to be in the Secaucus-North Bergen zone, but the Meadowlands-Rutherford zone is also convenient to the Meadowlands Exposition Center.

Did you bid at the 2.5* level? The Courtyard is a 2.5* and sometimes is available. Using Hotwire, it looks like the 2* Extended Stay America is available @ $62; there are two in this zone (East Rutherford and Secaucus) and I'm not sure which property is available.

Is there a rate available through the sponsor of the seminar? If so, what is the rate and what hotels are available? I think that this zone is getting busier on weekends during the holiday season as Manhattan accomodations are north of $300, so that may be why your bids have failed.

I would like to get something for $80. The rates I'm getting for rooms that can be cancelled are around $100-120 AAA rate. Of course they aren't 3*.

I suppose we could go up to $100 if we have to.

Yes we will have a car. Not sure how far we want to travel to the Expo Center. Early mornings are a little slow going.

Nothing through the sponsor of the seminar.

Yes, I did try 2.5* at $70...(not 2* as I posted)

3* at $55

3* at $70

added 2.5* still not accepted

Changing hotels isn't an option.

I booked a backup room at Comfort Suites North Bergen NJ for

$103 Dec 1&2, $144 Dec 3 (Sat)

Through their website with AAA rate.

Tried PL

Bid $75 for 3*

Secaucus - North Bergen

Meadowlands - Rutherford

Added 2*

Then Added

Jersey City

Increased to $84

I'll keep trying but the reservation I made seems pretty good.

I would avoid this hotel, you will not want to stay here as it is not a nice neighborhood right on Rts 1&9. Splitting your bid and checking into a new hotel will be a breeze compared to staying here. Drive by and report back if you think I'm wrong.

If you go with a direct booking, try the Hilton Garden Inn which can be booked on the Hilton website. Whenever making a direct reservation, please use the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding as it keeps this board going. The standard rate is $131 per night, but they also have a AAA rate.

I just checked Hotwire, and it looks like there is a 3* for $100 for 12/1-12/3 with the following Amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet Access, Laundry. This is likely the Prime Suites in Secaucus, very close to the Expo Center. You can PL bid for 12/4 or book directly.

I think the Secaucus area will see high occupancy levels as its a lower cost alternative to NYC bound tourists during the Holiday season.

Your bidding strategy was a little risky, by bidding up to $84 for a 2* as you could have received the Wellsley Inn or Days Inn; don't go below 2.5*.

• 2 weeks later...

you should like this property, and its a short drive over to the Expo Center and plenty of dining options and small mall (Kohls, Stop and Shop supermarket), new Sam's Club and WalMart too. Give yourself a few extra minutes your first morning from the Crowne Plaza because the exits off Rt. 3 into the Harmon Cove and Expo center can be confusing. You will be glad you got this instead of one of the Rt. 1&9 properties nearby.

Also, can you confirm you bid history, is this 3* or 2.5*?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]