WA Seattle Sixth Avenue Inn Downtown

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

(Seattle downtown zone on Priceline)

We arrived around 2 PM, and got checked in right away. I asked the clerk if it was a busy weekend, and she said they were full. Apparently the Mariner baseball games were more of a reason than the Bumbershoot festival. We had requested two double beds ahead of time, and that is what we got.

The room was normal-size, with two dressers, a night table, a chair, and a standard bathroom. The worst I can say about the room is that the decor is totally nondescript. It was perfectly acceptable. This is not a motel - there are no exterior entrances to rooms (at least so far as I saw). There is an attached restaurant that serves standard food.

The location is still within the area I consider acceptable in downtown Seattle. It is about two blocks from Westlake Center. I don't like the location of the two 1* Travelodges as well as this location. I knew I was taking a risk by bidding 1* that I would end up in one of those Travelodges and I'm not sure I would take that risk again.

This hotel does appear to have some association with Starwood (as the hotel web site at http://www.sixthavenueinn.com indicates). The only indication in the room, though, was that one of the TV channels is devoted to promoting Starwood hotels. I suspect that Starwood only wants upscale hotels to have prominent affiliations with Starwood and thus downplayed the branding in this case.

• 2 years later...

This wasn't a Priceline stay, but we ended up staying here again this weekend. I had a free night at Days Inn, and they had overbooked, so we were moved here, still at the free rate.

Everything I said before still applies. Our room was clean and plain and we had no problems with anything. It was a bit of a let-down after staying the night before at the Summerfield Suites, but for a free night stay or even for a regular-price stay, it was absolutely up to par. As I mentioned before, if I could be sure of getting this hotel or another hotel this good on 1* bids in Seattle, I would be happy to bid 1*.

Note that local calls are $1.69 each, which is a bit on the pricy side, in my opinion. So even my long-distance cross-border cell phone rates were cheaper.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]