Priceline Hotel: Vancouver Downtown 4* Bidding help

ck128
By ck128,
in

Hi:

I didn't know why all the downtown hotels are booked solid during that weekend, then found out it's Canada's Superbowl (Grey Cup).

Should I give up on bidding a 4* in downtown for $70-$80?

Or would hotels will release rooms when they are not full. If so, when? Thanks.

Can someone recommend some decent hotel in YVR airport area? They are the only ones open seems like.

The hotels might release rooms, but they might not also. So it's not something you can count on. I'd try to get a conventional backup soon, and then try these.

I'd try the following:

Try bidding for a 3* hotel in the Vancouver zone. (Personally I would go lower than that to meet a budget figure, but it's up to you.)

Bid for a 4* in the Burnaby zone (so far as I know, the only 4* hotel in this zone is the Hilton Metrotown, but it's always possible some other 4* hotel has sneaked up and been constructed). If you did get the Hilton Metrotown, this is very convenient to get to downtown Vancouver by Skytrain. The results are much less certain if you go for 3* or less in this zone.

Try 3* in the Vancouver Airport zone. I think everything that's shown up so far is at least decent.

Take a look at Hotwire. If you see something that interests you, post back for help identifying it (if you can't tell from the Hotwire list).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]