Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Capitol Hill - Convention Center) Washington Marriott At Metro Center

mikiwzh
By mikiwzh,
in

This will be my first bid on Priceline, so I would like some help before I actually start bidding.

I plan to check-in around 9 pm in the evening of May 9 and check out in the morning of May 11. I would like to be close to restaurants and places of interest in Washington. I have searched the hotels on Priceline through the link provided by Betterbidding. I think region 5 Capitol Hill-Convention Center and region 16 Whitehouse downtown might be the best regions. I prefer 4 star and up hotels. However, 4 star Madera, A Kimpton hotel(listed among the regular price hotels) is a little bit far, so I want to avoid it. Is Madera in the bidding list? The list price of the 4 star hotels are around 100-150, and some are over 200. The list price of two 5 star hotel in downtown is about 150-200. My budget is around 100 per night, but I prefer 75 and less. The less, the better. How much should I start? Could you please provide me some tips for bidding hotels in Washington? Which hotel should I avoid? I will travel with my parents, so which hotel will most likely accommodate 3 people in a room? I can pay some extra fee to upgrade to a double-bed room, but I don't want to pay too much for that. I would appreciate the help.

Do these dates replace your previous Boston hotel request OR will you be in the city for both sets of dates?

Any decision or follow-up for your NYC trip or the Boston stay linked above??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My current travel plan is 5.4 -5.5 noon stay in Boston for 1 night, 5.5-5.9 in New York for 4 nights, 5.9 night -5.11 in Washington for 2 nights. Another plan is switching Boston and Washington, but it depends on the hotel price. It seems that the hotel price in 5.4 in Washington is extremely high. I haven't actually bid for Boston and New York because i think they are harder than Washington and I may need more time to study the hotels in these area. I am new to Priceline and hotwire. I guess Washington might be good to start, but I have no idea.

I haven't actually bid for Boston and New York because i think they are harder than Washington...
To play devil's advocate, then why not take care of these stays first since, per your theory, the other cities will be easier/more flexible? If you buy the easy cities first, and your remaining dates are difficult, then you have no flexibility in terms of changing your dates... if your originally intended dates in a given city are more difficult, it would be easier to change your dates and then 'fill-in' in the easier cities.
...and I may need more time to study the hotels in these area.
Researching and identifying hotels can be a time consuming process, please ask for help one your plans are firm and you're ready to commit to a purchase, as any hotels available today may not be the ones that are offered once you're ready to move forward.
I will travel with my parents, so which hotel will most likely accommodate 3 people in a room? I can pay some extra fee to upgrade to a double-bed room, but I don't want to pay too much for that.
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (for an additional fee or not). If this is not a risk you're willing to accept HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know your thoughts regarding PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, and which city/dates (if any) you're ready to move forward with and want to try first, we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will travel with my parents, so which hotel will most likely accommodate 3 people in a room? I can pay some extra fee to upgrade to a double-bed room, but I don't want to pay too much for that.
PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (for an additional fee or not). If this is not a risk you're willing to accept HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

So to confirm before moving forward, you're OK with the possibility that you could receive a room with only one bed?

• 4 weeks later...

I have been bidding for Washington DC Capitol Hill for three days. Today I saw an Priceline Deal at 90 dollars, with free internet in public area, restaurants, business center and fitness center, I guessed it is Washington Marriott at Metro Center. I wanted to get it at a lower price, so I started bidding at 77 with no success. Then I add a rebid zone, and raised the price to 81. I got it!!!

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this Marriott property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

I've usually been able to tell room assignment with Marriott properties by entering the hotel reservation # from the PRICELINE confirmation on the Marriott website. May not show up right away if you just made the reservation.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for the information. Yes, I did check my reservation using the number and my last name. What displayed on the Marriott's website was "room: 1 King or Double". I guess it is because the King and double are of the same price. I called the hotel to request a double room, and they accommodated my request. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]