BiddingHelper location

jfl
By jfl,
in

I wanted to look at St Louis MO hotels using BiddingHelper. The autocomplete function lists "East Saint Louis, Illinois", "Ruston, Louisiana", "West Monroe, Louisiana", "Westwego, Louisiana". No mention of "St Louis, Missouri" 

It is listed under 'Saint Louis', but since both may be searched, i have also just added 'St Louis' to appear as well (for some reason not appearing when using St. with a period, but i'll look into when i have some time and fix that as well).

For any similar situations in the future the best solution is to type without prefixes (so leave out any St, Saint, St., Ft., Fort, etc that appear in the location name)... just typing 'Louis' would enable you to choose 'Saint Louis' from the suggestions.

Also note, even when a location doesn't appear in the suggested dropdown menu, you can still continue to type 'freehand' and the location in the search box should still be recognized by the system. So even if St Louis, MO didn't appear in the suggestions, if you continued to type that and hit enter, the search would still continue and complete correctly.

Thanks for letting us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]