Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark - Meadowlands (Meadowlands - Rutherford) Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I received a counteroffer of $60 when bidding at the 2.5* level but I dropped down to 2* and kept the bid at $48, but was rejected. I increased the bid to $49 and it was accepted.

Offer Price: $49.00

Taxes & Fees: $15.09

Total: $64.09

I also received an offer to extend my stay for the same rate. This property is across the highway from MetLife stadium and while there is no public transportation nearby, the clerk informed me that they offer a free weekday shuttle to the Secaucus Junction train station. Winning Priceline bids will get a standard room with a double bed, flat screen TV, and a small kitchen with refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, coffee maker. You can even get extra coffee packets for free! Very spartan accommodations, zero frills, and slow wifi, but it fit my needs. Free coffee, Sara Lee packaged muffins, granola bars and bananas are offered for breakfast.

I used the BetterBidding Win Alert app on my iPad to make my bids. This is such a great app as I can simultaneously look at HOTWIRE and Hotels.com offerings to craft my bids. I think this was offered for $56 via PRICELINE's express deals.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear this property worked well for your needs and you enjoyed your stay (i don't suppose this property or rate was available the previous weekend with the SuperBowl taking place at MetLife ;) )

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

(i don't suppose this property or rate was available the previous weekend with the SuperBowl taking place at MetLife ;) )

Funny you should ask! When I stayed here last month, I was told the rate had not been established for the "Big Game", but it was rumored to be as much as $1000 a night. I was told it actually was around $160 and the hotel was not sold out. The stadium is probably less than a half mile away, but you couldn't walk up.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]