Hotwire Hotel: 4* Big Island (Kohala Coast) Hapuna Beach Prince

belgo
By belgo,
in

I'm looking for a place in the Kohala (big island) area 1/4-1/11. In the Resort category, the Hilton seems sold out in multiple websites I checked. The Hapuna Prince has rooms available in several categories, the cheapest of which is $285/night. In the 4* category, the Marriott Waikoloa advertizes rates of $260 (AAA). Hotwire has a hotel which goes for $215 4*, and seems to be the Hapuna Prince or the Mauna Kea (because of detailed info they gave on the tripadvisor.com reviews). What would I expect to need for successful bids for either resort categories or 4* on Priceline? Thanks! :)

Really tough to guage a winning bid as rates are much higher than when we have typically seen winning bids in the past. The Marriott's "non-membership" rate is $375... and the Hilton's site also shows availability at similar rates! :)

I would find your best deal and then try to beat it via Priceline, for which we can help with a bidding strategy.

If you do book the AAA rate please use our MARRIOTT link to do so.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you tried to break it down into shorter blocks? Seven nights in a row is a long block to try to get on priceline for a Hawaiian resort. Besides, you probably don't want to stay in the same hotel that long anyway (especially in Kohala -- there's not much to do there except relax)!

If you're willing to move, my guess is you're likely to save some serious dinero.

I feel like the world's biggest idiot. What was obviously the Hapuna Prince was available on Hotwire for $205 until a few days ago for my whole stay. Then it became only available for 1/4-1/8 and 1/9-1/11 in the afternoon of 10/22. I waited until the evening to start bidding on PL, and by then the Hapuna Prince was no longer showing up on HW, although it still shows availability on Expedia for 1/4-1/8 and 1/9-1/11. :) So I bid on PL up to $195 for Resort in Kamuela, then $170 for 4*, without success for 1/4-1/8. For its available days, the Hapuna Prince goes for $268. The Hilton is also available starting the 7th at $239 per night. The Marriott prices are absurd (over $300/night at this point). I decided to book a hotel conventionally (although I haven't paid a deposit yet) in Kailua-Kona for 1/4-1/9 (Keahou Beach Resort), and then try for something in Kamuela for the nights of the 9th and 10th. Any ideas what I should do for the 9th and 10th in the Kamuela area? Is it possible that they just pulled PL availability for the week-end?

Got the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel for 1/4/6-1/8/6 for $210/night X 4 Nights + $100 taxes/fees = $940. Listed in Hotwire as a Customer Favorite, 4* Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa, Children's activities, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Business center. It's a little more than I would usually spend on a hotel, but this really looks like a great place and a fair price for the season, so I'm happy! :)

Congratulations on your success... and they gave you another shot at it! :)

Glad to see you're happy with the results. Prince has a 'preffered' program which may help with added perks (such as a one level upgrade... i'll let you know my own experience after my upcoming stay at a Prince hotel in Waikiki)

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the remainder of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]