Hotwire Hotel: When To Start Trying?

erikalynn48
By erikalynn48,
in

Hello

I am getting married in Vegas this July 22nd. We are having about 75 guests join us from WI. The wedding is at the Venetian - and is all booked. I am a newbie at all of this and was wondering how far in advance or not far in advance should you start to use Priceline or Hotwire? It seems everyone only uses it for trips coming up in the next month or so. However, from what I have read the Venetian is the only 5* on the strip. Is this a pretty established thing? If I went ahead and just tried for a 5* on the strip - I will get the Venetian? We are trying to do things cheaply and if we can get a good deal on hotel rooms it would be great. And it would be even better if we could book rooms this far in advance, but I have a feeling we will have to wait a while to get a good deal via Priceline or Hotwire. Any advice is appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are teh actual dates of your stay? Are you looking for rooms just for yourself or for all the guests?

The Venetian has been the only 5* hotel reported so far in this area, but new hotels can be added at any time and other hotels could be upgraded... thus making this no longer the only 5* hotel reported in this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We will be staying there June 20-26th. I am not going to book rooms for all my guests, but for surely want to help my wedding party and parents out in finding a good deal. They may be staying different dates. I think once we found a good deal we'd give them a call and walk through the process over the phone - or we might just go ahead and book them ourselves.

what is your maximum price per night?

using the Travel Links to Help Support BetterBidding, the Bellagio has room rates at $199. You can also use the Las Vegas Checker above. NYNY is also available for $100 for the first three days/$180 for the weekend/$110 for the final two days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]