Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Honolulu (Waikiki Central) Radison Prince

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

3.5* Radison Prince Kuhio

$90

11/1/05

2 rooms

Amenities: Near Beach, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Business, Laundry

Was trying to avoid the Park Shore and target the Radisson.

Priceline rejected a lowball 3* bid at $58 at which point i figured it would take closer to $75 to have success. At that point it wasn't worth the risk of getting the Park Shore (or the Shertaon which was priced at only $125 on their website) so i bought the Hotwire offer which indeed turned out to be the Radisson.... purchasing thru Hotwire cost me an extra $11/room, but i felt this was money well spent to 'know' the hotel i would receive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, if getting what you want is more important than getting the absolute best price, a hotwire bid makes sense.

BTW, and FWIW, I think the Sheraton is a better property than the Radisson. Not that the Sheraton is much nicer (opinions would probably differ about that), but it has better location.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sheraton has two sections, the main resort and the Manor. The resort building faces the ocean and the rooms are large with various views. This is where Priceline Resort bids lead and the regular price is usually $200 or higher. The other section, the Manor, is not at all in the same league - it is low end. A semi-rundown building behind the main one. It is available on open sites for $115. That probably leads to the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been my experience that the 3* Sheraton referred to here is not the Sheraton (which is a resort), but the weak Princess Kualilani (or something like that).

The reviews I have read for the Princess have been less than stellar. DC is correct in his observations about the 'manor' at the resort Sheraton....small junk rooms. I have not seen it come up on Priceline.

Happy travels. The Prince Kuhio is great! I have been looking at Hotwire for a stay in January and the 3.5* Waikiki Central (which I think is the Prince Kuhio) is going for more than double the price in this discussion.

Hopefully it'll go down. The $75-$90 range for this property is IMHO one of the best values in Waikiki.

Travel safe

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]