Priceline Hotel: 3* Aspen (Glenwood Springs) Residence Inn Glenwood Springs

travelzee
By travelzee,
in

Obtained this hotel on the first bid. Don't you just love using Priceline's bidding system!

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $55.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $55.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $14.44 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $69.44 (USD)

Booking directly with the hotel would be $145.47 with taxes -- a 53% discount. This hotel is Ranked #2 of 24 hotels in Glenwood Springs on Trip Advisor.

I used the PRICELINE link at the top of this site to start my bidding.

We decided to add a night to this reservation in light of the promise by email to "Add Nights for the Same Rate" but when I attempted this it stated that the best rate would be $67 rather than $55. In light of the great rate we got on the first night we opted to accept this. I have never done this before. I'm now curious if this promise of the same rate ever actually works. Anyone have experience with this?

The offer to add nite(s) to your stay is an offer to try to add notes to your stay. PRICELINE responds in one of three ways:

1) you have successfully extended your stay

2) additional nites are available but only for $xx more (you then have the option to accept/reject the additional nites at that price)

3) no rooms available at any price

Take for example a win for the nite of Nov 10 at $60 and the following rates available the nite before and after:

Nov 9 - $60

Nov 11 - $150

If you try to add the nite of Nov 9th you will likely be successful... but obviously if you tried to add the nite of Nov 11 PRICELINE wouldn't be able to offer it to you for the same price, and until you move forward they don't know if you would be interested in adding nites before or after your stay.

Also, note for the future that you can only add up to the same number of nites as your original purchase.. so you can't purchase one nite and then try to add 6 nites for the rest of your week long vacation.

Enjoy your (now) extended stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]