Priceline Hotel: Ann Arbor - 10/27-10/28

stuseattle
By stuseattle,
in

Since I went through the motions, I thought I'd share a failing bid . . .

Need three rooms for a Saturday night in Ann Arbor. (There are three of us . . . 2 can share a room but one need own room . . .sometime it's easier/cheaper to just bid on three single rooms.)

1. 3.5* South $40 NO

2. Add North (doesn't have 3.5*) $44 NO

3. Add 3* $40 NO

4. Add West (no 3/3.5 hotels) $44 NO

The reason I lowballed the bids, by the way, is that the Priceline fees start adding up after $45 or so. With all the taxes, we'd be looking at almost $180 and I think I can probably Hotwire 2 rooms for that much, including the possible charge for making sure one of the rooms has two beds. (It's been my experience that most hotels will let you change to a 2-bed room with Hotwire reservations, though not all the time, but I've had some problems with that with Priceline reservations . . . not sure why.)

stu

Sorry Stu, but even on a non-football weekend the cheapest PL rate for 3.5* (Marriott Ypsilanti or Sheraton South) is $60 ($73/tax fees).

I spend quite a few weekends at AA and the $60 is the lowest rate for a very dependable hotel (your choices are pretty limited in AA).

Good luck.

Gator91

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]