Priceline Hotel: Oahu (Waikiki Beach)

jijiping
By jijiping,
in

My guess is that you're likely looking at the $200-$220 range for a 4* hotel... 5* hotels are not won very often and will likely cost you substantially more, i'm guessing $300+ but of course you can try up to whatever amount you'd like to see if you get lucky and something less.

If you let us know what you'd like to try for first, and your maximum bid, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- can you please follow-up your previous Maui hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for the Jan 30-Feb 2 leg of that stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's never too early to start bidding as long as you have a sense of what a likely accepted bid for the timeframe should be and not overbid. For example, if you're expecting this stay to cost $185 and believe that would be a good deal, you could start now and bid up to $185/nite for the next few weeks/months, then gradually increase your bid price as you get closer to your check-in date if you still have not been successful.

Let us know when you're ready to start bidding, your maximum bid, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

one more question after i looked at the hotels in the waikiki beach region. There are only 4* , no Resort option now?(last Feb, has)

so if i use 4* to bid now, there are 6 hotels in total and might have chances to get Hyatt Regency or Marriott which i don't really like them. are there some ways to filter those two hotels?

PRICELINE no longer uses a 'Resort' category and has replaced it with a 4.5* rating. When you bid on PRICELINE the star rating you choose is the minimum you are willing to accept, so your 4* bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel. You can see the 'last known' star rating for reach property in the Priceline Hotel List for Hawaii (but also note the comments at the top of the hotel list)

You can't bid on, or avoid, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, so if you're looking to target/avoid a specific property, then HOTWIRE may be a better option for this trip. However, HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so it's a trade-off between lowest cost and increasing the chance of what you really want (or what you want to avoid, in this instance)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

About your answer: "Priceline no longer uses a 'Resort' category and has replaced it with a 4.5* rating. When you bid on , so your 4* bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel"

But i don't see any 4.5* rating hotels in the waikiki beach region? What are those pls? I could only see one higher rated hotel is 5* Royal Hawayiian.

But i don't see any 4.5* rating hotels in the waikiki beach region? What are those pls?

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List... no 4.5* properties have yet been reported to the board, but if PRICELINE offers 4.5* bidding in this zone, then it is prudent to assume that they do indeed have hotels of this star rating available.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases and searches... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

jijiping

All reported HOTWIRE Hawaii hotels can be found in this link: Hotwire Hawaii Hotels

You can search HOTWIRE and compare the reported hotels.

Please note that you must search for 3 rooms and the number of guests in your party.

If you need any ID help so please run a search through bord's BiddingHelper.com on top of the page. Please copy and paste the amenities you'll see in the Easy View tab and we'll have a look at this.

If you have any questions so just ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Thanks, here below is what Hotwire easy view tap shows, do you mean we could know which hotels by the amenities they have?

Waikiki Beach

•Free Internet

•Near Beach

•Smoke Free Rooms

•Fitness Center

•Pool(s)

•Business Center

•Self service laundry

•Internet access

•Golf Nearby

•Tennis Nearby

•Accessible for the blind

•Accessible for the deaf

•Accessible path of travel

•In-room accessibility

•Accessible bathroom

•Handicapped parking

•Roll-in shower

do you mean we could know which hotels by the amenities they have?
Yes, most (not always) of the times can we make an educated guess for the property.

So we can replicate your search, How many adults/children did you inlude in your search? Also please post the price/night before tax/fee's and the star rating for the hotel you're looking at.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

i search for 3 rooms, 6 adults and 1 child of 10, it shows $175/night before tax and 4*, below amenities

•Free Internet

•Near Beach

•Smoke Free Rooms

•Fitness Center

•Pool(s)

•Restaurant(s)

•Business Center

•Internet access

•Golf Nearby

•Accessible for the blind

•Accessible for the deaf

•Accessible path of travel

•In-room accessibility

•Wheelchair accessible

•Accessible bathroom

•Handicapped parking

•Roll-in shower

HOTWIRE is less of an 'unknown' as you are given information about the hotel before your purchase, with PRICELINE bidding there are no clues as to which hotel it is that you will likely receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or if you do book direct please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

• 2 weeks later...
PS- can you please follow-up your previous Maui hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for the Jan 30-Feb 2 leg of that stay.
2x
i search for 3 rooms, 6 adults and 1 child of 10, it shows $175/night before tax and 4*...
What is the workable price for 4* in Waikiki city central region?
It appears that at least one of your rooms will require more than double occupancy. Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and all of the rooms received could have only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and please click each of these previous links before replying.

Thanks.

28 Jan-12 Feb, 2014, i am biddig in Waikiki city central region, for 4* hotel, i think should be only "Hilton Waikiki Beach". from their website, the price is $188, i used name your price to bid up to $170, still no deals. i just don't get it where comes the so called BIG discount, just for saving less than $18 or at the end no saving at all??? "

save up to 60% or 45%, just like a big joke

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

You're trying for a 2 week stay and if the hotel has increased demand for even just one nite of those 14 days, they may not offer deeply discounted inventory to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE for that one nite... which would negate this property from accepting your bid the full date range your bidding.

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Hilton Waikiki Beach offered for $173/nite for your dates, but at this rate you may just want to book direct.

If you do book direct, please use the links in our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including the Hilton brands)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

So you have bid for every 2 day combination within the 14 day trip, as well as every 4 day combination, and every 7 day combination?

The hotel may feel they have sufficient occupancy levels for these dates at this time and choose not to offer any deep discounts to the opaque suppliers, instead waiting to see how things play out and hopefully sell more rooms on their own at full price.

Lastly, it's also possible that the hotel is holding a large block of rooms for a conference, wedding, business meeting, etc, etc which they can't release for general consumption until a deadline date as set with the large group for who the block is being help (they may not expect to sell all the rooms help but also can't sell them in case the group does have 'full demand' and needs all the rooms being held). In this instance rooms at a deeper discount may become available closer to check-in.

As you can see their are many reasons why a hotel may not offer deeply discounted rooms to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE for any given date, and just because a 'deal' isn't available for this specific stay at this time, i don't think you can conclude that PRICELINE is a 'joke', as there are certainly plenty of wins reported to the board that do represent savings of 40%, 50%, or 60% or more.

when i use priceline in 2011 for hotels in hawaii, i feel it is good and really surprises me. but this time does not help in anyway.

For City Central region, no discount for whatever reasons. For Waikiki Beach region, you cancelled the earlier resort option and put as 4* which let us have the chances to get stupid Hyatt regency & Marriott, those two fake beach, poor rating hotels.

i have been checking the Hawaii forum for the past one month, almost no wins have been reported, not active at all. It also shows to me that not as many people as before use priceline now, few deals reached.

i have been checking the Hawaii forum for the past one month...
It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.
It also shows to me that not as many people as before use priceline now, few deals reached.
Perhaps in this area and/or for this time of year... but there are certainly deals to be had elsewhere so you can't draw a blanket conclusion based upon the one region that you have been following. ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]