ALB Albany Midsize SUV Budget

GM Mike
By GM Mike,
in

Pretty sure I used the links here for this. Then completely forgot to post about it. As I recall, that weekend I really needed an SUV and they were priced at $250+ !

Turns out, the "SUV" they decided to give me was essentially a station wagon. Really unpleasant conversation about it at the desk; was ultimately told I had to pay a substantial upgrade fee to get into anything that actually looked like an SUV. (Of course, I stubbornly refused and the station wagon worked out well enough.)

Mid-Size SUV

Pick-Up /Drop Off: Albany - County (ALB)

737 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, NY 12211

On Airport

Pick-Up Date & Time: Thursday, June 20 2013 - 6:00 PM

Drop-Off Date & Time: Sunday, June 23 2013 - 6:00 PM

Purchased Date: June 18 2013

Your Offer Price: $20.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 3

SubTotal: $60.00

Taxes and Fees: $23.89

Total Rental Car Charges: $83.89 You saved 74%!*

Sorry to hear you had an issue regarding the car class... do you recall the brand/model of the vehicle you were given?

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Glad to hear the wagon ultimately worked out ok for your needs and hopefully all other aspects of your trip went smoothly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear you had an issue regarding the car class... do you recall the brand/model of the vehicle you were given?

I want to say it was a Nissan Rogue. The main issue is how short the cargo area is. It really has the feel of a station wagon with tall tires. Probably 1/4 - 1/3 less storage area than what I would have expected from a "Midsize SUV". And the seats didn't quite lay flat.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]