Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus-Meadowlands) Prime Suites

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

picked this up at the last minute, did not have time to bid, used savingsbarn.com to access Hotwire. Selected the Secaucus-Meadowlands area, and there was a 3* shown with the following amenities:

Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Laundry Facilities. Wishful thinking that this might be the Embassy Suites, but was happy with the result: Prime Suites Meadowlands.

1 room @ $108.00

Hotel Taxes and fees: $19.69

Total: $127.69

upon check in, the rate shown on my folio was $80, if this is the case, Hotwire made a whopping $34 as a fee even after paying for local and state taxes. I know that recent reviews have been mixed, but this is a true two room suite hotel (no door between rooms) with a pull out sofa and work area with TV, and a sleeping area with a king size bed. It looks like the room has been updated recently with new carpets, furniture, comforters. A big improvement since my last stay here about 6 months ago. The bus into NYC stops right in front of the hotel, and I believe that there are no stops between here and the Port Authority Bus Terminal, so this is a good alternative to sky high NYC Hotel rates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]