Hotwire Hotel: trying to ID 2* Dupont Circle National Zoo

RNJ
By RNJ,
in

I'm trying to ID a 2* hotel in Washington DC. The dates of travel will be Oct 26 to Oct 30. It's currently showing up at $77 per night (standard rate is $160 --$83 savings).

2* Dupont Circle National Zoo

It's 70% recommended.

Tripadvisor is 3.5 out of 5.0.

Here are the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Please help ID this property. As always I will book using the provided PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links from betterbidding.com. :)

RJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would suggest a bidding strategy for me. I want to use Priceline "name your own price." I am wanting a hotel room 3 stars or more for Washington DC from Saturday, October 26, 2013 to Wednesday, October 20, 2013. I really don't want to pay more than $80.00 per night. I really would prefer the following areas in order of most desired:

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

White House Downtown

Capitol Hill Convention Center

Georgetown Foggy Bottom

Capitol Hill South

I'm not opposed to Crystal City, Arlington, or suburbs of Maryland as long as the hotel is near a Metro (but the Metro service stops to early for me). I would however, prefer to stay in the district. I already have reservations for a Crystal City hotel at $99 per night, two blocks from the metro. Since I am a night owl, and enjoy night time life activities, staying in the district would be ideal in case I need to walk back to hotel.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

RNJ B)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. When you report your win, use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of the page and the thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary).

...Saturday, October 26, 2013 to Wednesday, October 20, 2013.
I'm assuming your check-out dates is Oct 30th?

If so, at current rates i think your budget is going to be a bit tough for these dates, but we can give it a try and take it from there (i will add that i think you could get a 4* hotel in one of these zones for ~$100, so you're not that far off).

When bidding 4* in Washington DC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Dupont and White House and Convention Center...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Georgetown and CHSouth...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Georgetown and CHSouth and Dupont and White House...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Georgetown and CHSouth and Dupont and Convention Center...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dupont and White House and Convention Center and Georgetown...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dupont and White House and Convention Center and CHSouth...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Dupont and White House and Convention Center and Georgetown and CHSouth...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No Luck yet. I did get a counter offer of $94.00 when I place a bid for $75.00. I decided against it and tried $78, and $80. Both were rejected. I still have reservations at the place in crystal city and will retry bidding in a few days. Maybe if Priceline see's the event date getting closer with rooms available they'll accept one of the bids.

And yes your were correct, my check out date is 10/30.

Thanks for the help. =)

RNJ

• 3 weeks later...

I see in this Priceline hotel thread you were successful for the first nites of your stay 10/26-10/28... if you do win a property for the balance of your stay please post the win in this thread and use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page to add your win to the board.

THANKS! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...
On 10/10/2013 at 1:24 AM, thereuare said:

I see in this Priceline hotel thread you were successful for the first nites of your stay 10/26-10/28... if you do win a property for the balance of your stay please post the win in this thread and use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page to add your win to the board.

On 10/10/2013 at 1:24 AM, thereuare said:

The remainder of this stay, I stayed in Americana Hotel in Crystal City, VA.  I booked directly on their website

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]