Priceline Hotel: 4* Rochester DT Hyatt Regency

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Only a few historical bids of recent days and all were at low of $43. I was looking in Rochester as a stop-over for trip to Buffalo. Had planned to stay in Syracuse as the Embassy Suites and Wyndham there typically go for $45 on PL. Syracuse must have a major event this weekend - all major hotels are sold out and a cheesy Comfort Inn near the Fairgrounds is appearing on Expedia at $150!. Lots of rebid opportunities in Rochester but no time to use them all and wait 72 hours for new bid so I decided to structure bid increases at larger margins than usual.

Bid 1 - $* downtown at $43

Bid 2 - add zone free rebid at $50

Bid 3 - add zone free rebid at $53

Bid 4 - add zone free rebid at $60

Ouch!.... only two rebids left....

Bid 5 - add zone rebid at $67 - success!

It's conceivable that I could have done a few $$ better or even started a new bid and tried for a 3* property but this is part of a "romantic" weekend that was planned last minute and I prefer a nicer property. Interestingly.... Hyatt's Web rate is $150 for this night and $115 for a special "Mastercard only" rate. Expedia shows no availability.

Postscript added:

Just returned from my weekend trip. Desk clerk seemed to like us and apparently because I called in to add my Hyatt Gold # to the reservation.... he upgraded us (his suggestion!) to a jacuzzi room on the 24th floor. Good news is that it was a mini-suite and the jacuzzi was huge - big enough for both of us with room to spare. Bad news is that the upgrade room had a Murphy bed - would be okay for one person to sleep in but was uncomfortable for two. Nice hotel and a very pleasant stay. Validated parking was only $3 per night!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]