Hotwire Hotel: new york this week

brinley
By brinley,
in

can any one help me get a hotel in NYC for three nights commencing this friday 7th october. Good for tourist stuff probably pay 110 to 150 usd per night. What should i bid and where? I leave London Friday morning so its quite urgent.I am new to this and a bit wary of how it all works. Can someone make me a believer....and yes i really do need a room for my wife and i. we have stayed in over 160 room nights in the passed six months on our world trip and are shocked at NYC hotel prices.All help appreciated. regards Terry

Rates have gone through the roof, the weather has been spectcular, and follow the oldest rule in economics: supply is fixed, demand is up, prices rise.

What NYC airport will you be arriving into? Do you have a maximum budget per night? Would you consider splitting your stay (which could bring the average of your three day stay in line with your budget)?

Hotwire has a 3* listed as a Customer Favorite in Mid Town East @ $253 per night, with taxes, your total price for three nights is $886. OUCH!!! This could be the Radisson Lexington Hotel. You're in a tight spot, Mate, and I am not well versed in bidding in Manhattan as I'm more of a "bridge and tunnel" person (one who does not live in Manhattan, but choses to commute into the city) so I tend to stay in NJ or near LGA, JFK or Long Island. Hopefully thereuare can furnish a bidding strategy for priceline, but you will need to increase your maximum price per night.

You can offset the higher hotel costs by having lunch at Papaya King, or Grays Papaya, for less than $3.00 you get two hot dogs and a drink, also for breakfast, skip the hotel restaurant and have a bagel and a schmere at a Deli. Good luck!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]