Priceline Hotel: HELP: Basking Ridge Oct 17 to 21st

apkesh
By apkesh,
in

If you lower to 2.5*, you will hit the Courtyard at same street of Marriott, but your bid price may need to be higher, I used to be able to get it for $37; in general, I often able to get Courtyard from Boston down to DC at $45 during weekdays ... do not lower to 2* in this Somerset-Piscataway area, or you will hit Ramada Inn that will make you feel sad ...

I got the Marriott for $55 and $68 in June '05 for a mid week stay. $37 is a rate that is probably a weekend rate when occupancy is low. It is a great hotel for the money. If time is on your side, just keep bidding. During the week, hotels in this area are near capacity with business guests paying rack rates!

Which Marriott are you talking about? the Marriott in Bridgewater or in Piscataway? It seems like there are few users who have gotten the Bridgewater one for $37 but all during weekends and I was bidding for weekdays.

Can someone confirm if you've been successful at getting this location for monday -friday?

Also, is there any other Marriott/ Hilton 3* chains in the vacinity I can get for under 50 bucks during weekdays? I don't mind driving from EWR area if I have to.

Which Marriott are you talking about?

Somerset Marriott, but price of a summer "win" may not be high enough for an autumn win. This is not too far from Piscataway. The Bridgewater Marriott is fairly new, but I've never stayed here. I just stayed at the Wyndam at Newark Airport for $51 but parking is $12 per day and HS internet is $10. Many of the Airport hotels charge for parking. You have time on your side, and plenty of zones to bid, so you might want to start out around $50, include Edison, Plainfield, New Brunswick and you might get lucky.....then again, you might be bunking up with your friend

The best I got at Bridgewater Marriott is $47, and more often to get around $52. It is very nice hotel, nice pool, walk across street to Bridgewater Commons Mall, a very nice huge mall with nice food court ...

I have Basking Ridge Courtyard for the whole year this past year, all $37, but weekends... This is the only PL hotel in Basking Ridge.

For weekdays, most people got $35 2.5* Clarion at Edison NJ or 2* Candlewood Suites at Somerset. I got this tenant prospect coult not get a job after college degree in computer science, later get into Rutgers Univ for Stat grad study. The problem he got was that he was living at Long Island and wife working at NYC. But, since he could not afford to rent both places at the time and he only need to be Rutgers 4 days a week, so I suggest that he just bid these two hotel mon, tue and wed nights each week, and he seemed no problem have them for a whole semester ...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]