Priceline Hotel: Need find a hotel Dec 27-31

ericw
By ericw,
in

Just decided to go to Hawaii and booked the flights.

Turns out, most major hotel chains are sold out.

I finally managed to book the SHERATON KEAUHOU BAY RESORT & SPA at KAILUA-KONA for $190+12%tax a night. However, it is more than what i want to spend. plus the air fare HNL-Kona, $160, it cost more than $1000 for a four night stay.

Does anyone know a hotel located ON A Beach? Then I can go swimming/snorkelling easily.

Doesnt matter which island it is on.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Why don't you search the the Hawaiin Islands thru Hotwire, keeping an eye out for the Beachfront icon (as well as the Beach Access icon if that would be sufficient)... we can then try to assist in any hotels that meet your criteria and budget.

You may find a bit more help from those that know the area if you state your budget and star rating... it narrows it down a bit more than just "anyone know a beachfront hotel" (of which there are many throughout the islands).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since I am under 25, I cannot get a rental car in the States. I am looking for a hotel RIGHT ON THE BEACH, or at least VERY CLOSE to the beach. I do not want to walk a long way to a very crowded beach, and then worry about where I could leave my stuff. I am traveling alone. All I want to do is snorkeling.

Can you tell me how crowded Honolulu, especially Waikiki would be during Xmas? And is it good for snorkeling there?

Or anybody else knows other quieter beach on other islands?

Thanks very much!

OK, a couple of things.

First, we understand that you're "under 25" and "can't rent a car in the US."

Are you sure of that? While the major car rental companies certainly make life difficult for under 25ers, where there's a will, there's usually a way. If you search the rent-a-car company ff programs on flyertalk.com, I recall there may be some creative solutions to your problem. Alternatively, you could search out one of the local island rent-a-car companies. I'd practically guarantee that one of them will rent you a car.

If you still can't get/don't want a car, I think you'd better stay on Oahu. I've read numerous times that Oahu has very good public transportation, which can take you all over the island at little cost. That would get you away from the Honolulu crowds.

I can't really imagine going to any of the other islands without a car, but I suppose it's possible. You'd pretty much have to take a cab from the airport and you might find it difficult to get out of your resort town (of course, with only 4 days, that might be OK).

Second, your dates are a problem. A big problem. You simply can not buy a ticket to Hawaii right now at a peak period and expect to get affordable hotel accomodations. From what I can tell, Maui is hopeless for the Holidays at any sort of discount. The fancy resorts on the Big Island will also be problematic (you're unlikely to beat that rate at the Sheraton at a comparable place on the Big Island). Even in Honolulu, the "best deals" are unlikely to be available. If you can figure out how to do Kauai, there is an interesting hotwire 3 star for $97 that might be quite enjoyable (perhaps for less on priceline). Similarly, a 2 star oceanfront in Hilo is only $57. Almost nobody vacations in Hilo these days, but that might be to your advantage (and with a car it would be a great Hawaiian destination for 4 days!).

Let us know if we can be of further help.

Thank you very much for your help.

Turned out, I finally decided to stay in Honolulu, and take day trips to Hilo, and maui.

For similar amount of money, better than stay in the Sheraton resort without beach.

So pretty much a busy sightseeing vacation, instead of relaxing, snorkeling.

After all, it wont be my only time to Hawaii.

Going to the Big Island and to Maui will be expensive unless you get a sale ticket. You can go to Hawaiian Airlines web site and see that they are having a $38 special fare on the first flight out of HNL and the last flight in from the neighbor islands. However, you really need to spend some time on the other islands or it's a waste. Island Air (www.islandair.com) has some web fares that are also pretty good if you can go a bit slower. Honolulu is a big city and the beaches are not idyllic. But there are plenty of beauty spots on Oahu. Kauai is the most exotic island but even it has become quite built up. There are plenty of cheap hotels near the beach in Waikiki. You can check with an agency like Hawaiian Connection for some decent prices and to find vacancies. The 4* Prince comes up regularly and people have been getting it with bids of $130 for the time you are looking for. It is near the beach but not on it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]