Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) Thistle MA

wishful
By wishful,
in

Hello,

We will be in London from 10/26-10/29 (possibly 10/30). While we know requests (two beds, non-smoking, etc.) cannot always be guaranteed, we'd like to stay in a hotel that at least has an elevator and a history/chance of being able to accomodate a two bed request (even if we have to pay extra for it upon arrival). Not sure how that relates to 2,3 or 4-star.

Looking to spend $125.00 US before taxes.

Location preferences: good neighborhood for a single woman to roam about (I'm going with my mom, but she may be room-bound due to bad back if she's not better by then - she still wants to go even if she stays in bed since it's her first trip to Europe - so I may be on my own), close to the tube (planning to catch the Heathrow Express, don't want many transfers again due to mom's back), and that's about it since we're pretty flexible otherwise.

Have looked at Travel Inn and Hilton websites and can easily book rooms in the 89-pound/$150 range, but Priceline is more fun :)

Tips, suggestions, comments appreciated!

Regi

p.s. any hotels near the "Big Bus Tour" stops would be good too.

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

I think a 4* in the Mayfair zone is the best one for you. If your mother was only able to be out for a short time during the day, this would be the perfect place to be. Other zones would work fine too, but to be certain of being absolutely central, this is your best choice.

I think you are unlikely to have any problems getting two twin beds - at least I haven't in Europe, with Priceline or not. That's the most common room configuration, I believe.

The main issue is if you can get a Mayfair hotel for your limit.

If you try and fail, then you could consider the best other zones.

I would suggest starting with a bid of $100 in the Mayfair zone. This probably won't be enough, but you could increase it on your next bidding opportunity. You don't have any 4* rebid zones for Mayfair.

Flight leaves at 1am Sunday 10/30, so we will either check out as late as we possibly can Saturday 10/29 or check out at a normal time and just wander around until we need to go to the airport. It all depends on my mom. Won't know if we need the extra time in the room until Saturday really so can't really confirm the dates. Would rather pay for a night we don't need than have to cough up a Saturday night rack rate at the last minute.

Thanks,

Reg

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Thistle Marble Arch for $55/night on 2nd try (note: I tried last week as well) and made a TravelInn.co.uk reservation for the possible extra night (24 hour cancellation w/o penalty).

First bid $50 for 5-star (unlikely but gave it a shot) in Mayfair zone, was rejected, added Marble Arch and 4-star and re-bid at $55. Took about 15 minutes for bid result. Recent TripAdvisor reviews indicate hotel has gone for $50-$75 in ther past few months. Location seems good. Thanks for everyone's comments. Will bring back photos :)

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $165.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $37.89

Total Charges: $202.89

Check-In Date: Wed, Oct 26, 2005

Check-In Time: After 02:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sat, Oct 29, 2005

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]