Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Hotel Sax Chicago

ohaio
By ohaio,
in

Hello, looking to stay in Chicago within walking distance of the navy pier. Check-in on July 8th for one night.

There's a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a "4 Star Hotel in North Michigan Ave - River North Area for $76/night."

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

$76/night for 2 Double Superior Features Upscale Decor And Luxury Amenities Two Double Beds

Does anyone know which hotel this could be?

Also, would it be cheaper to bid and still get the same hotel?

If we are looking for a 4* hotel, which zone is better for getting a hotel close to the pier? The W Lakeshore would be perfect but it's $189/night. :(

Thank you

P.S. I clicked the PRICELINE link to begin my search!

These amenities are common to a lot of 4*'s in the area - either Westin, the Felix, the Sax, the W, the Dana and the Marriott Mag Mile. I'd take the W and Felix out of the possibilities, given that the listing has a guest score of 8+. I'd lean towards it being the Sax, but it may be another hotel.

Have you been to Navy Pier previously?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the quick reply and the insight into looking at the guest score. But priceline is a little sneaky in saying that it is an 8+ score. Hard to narrow down the actual hotel.

We've been to Chicago and the pier a few times. Normally stay in Skokie to save cost, especially the parking fee.

We would be happy with the Sax. But the express price keeps inching up each time we click on the "negotiator." Maybe will take a risk and bid.

From your list of possible hotels, any of them would have worked. The Express Deal went up to $79/night so decided to bid. Used the 4* rebid zones to finally get a room for $70/night. You were right, ended up with the Sax. Very happy with the results, saved 50% off Hotwires standard rate. Thank you very much for your help!

That's really a tremendous deal for this property any time of year, but especially during the busier Summer period. This property is in a terrific location, right by the river (so not a terrible walk at all to Millennium Park/Art Institute) and right near a very wide variety of restaurants in the River North area. Let us know if you have any city questions.

Yes, I was very surprised to find the express deal. And now I know you can save a little more by bidding. :)

We would like to do an Architectural River Tour. There's a discount travel site that offers 20% off, $25.60 instead of $32 for adults. Does anyone have experience with VIATOR or is there a better way to get tix? Not sure if you can get a deal directly from the operators at the Pier.

tia

There used to be some really good deals offered for a lot of city attractions (such as the boat tours) on the city website, but unfortunately it looks like there's quite a bit less than there used to be (link: http://www.choosechicago.com/deals/) There are coupons for the Seadog (Navy Pier) and Mercury (along the river) tours, but not the CAF tour or Wendella boats, which they used to offer coupons for. I've always liked the Wendella Tours - many love the Chicago Architecture Foundation tours. I've never heard of discounts offered at the operator, but maybe the concierge at the Sax may have some options.

VIATOR is a legitimate company (and we have a link to them in the Support Page).

I would also check Viator for any multi-attraction cards (like this GoCard USA) which may include other attractions that you may be interested in doing, then determine if the multi-card is a good value or if you're better off doing things ala carte.

Please use the board's VIATOR link should you decide to purchase anything thru their site.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys, really great info. Now leaning towards Wendella. They offer the lowest cost and longest tours.

I see what you mean with the good deals drying up. Saw many 2for1 or 50% off deals that expired last year. Oh well, can't win them all.

Not sure if you booked your body your or not, but I used to work for one of the companies...if you're interested in an intellectual/textbook tour, do the CAF tour with Chicago's first lady. Otherwise, if you're just wanting to see some cool buildings, learn a few random facts (and save some $$) go with Wendella

I was just able to book the Sax via Hotwire for a month in August. However, the best price I could get was $95 a night. I took Priceline at 4 star all the way up the $95 mark advertised on Hotwire and could not get a hit anywhere. Same thing for an Indiana hotel on Priceline Express in July. I tried bidding and there were no cheaper rates to be had. Just back in 2008-2010 I was booking hotels for $35-$50 a night in Chicago. Now I cannot get a bid to hit anywhere below a PRICELINE EXPRESS/HotWire deal.

I was just able to book the Sax via Hotwire for a month in August.

Can you please add your win to your previous Chicago Hotwire thread so that thread will have a 'conclusion' and others will know about your win when searching the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Pleas also use the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]