Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Pittsburgh (Airport PIT) Hyatt Regency Airprt

jasonpicken
By jasonpicken,
in

hi, i was looking for some help in identifying these 2 hotels. the dates are nov. 12-14 for 4 rooms, 8 adults and 3 children.

the first hotel is a 3* in greentree/parkway for $51 with these amenities:

hotel/shuttle/restaurant/pool/fitness/internet

the other is a 3* at the airport for $39 with these amenities:

hotel/shuttle/pool/fitness

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

jason

The 3* in Greentree is a match for the Holiday Inn Central so that would be our best guess for that property.

Not sure of the Airport property, although the Country Inn and Suites was recently upgraded from 2.5* to 3* and is close to the amenties listed above, although previously it has been seen with a Complimentary Breakfast icon as well, so not too sure about that one.

Let us know what you choose to do and if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

i've got a new one today on hotwire that has really peaked my interest. it's for nov. 12-14, it's a 3.5* at the pittsburgh airport for 4 rooms, 8 adults, 3 children for $58. it's amenities are shuttle/restaurant/pool/fitness/tennis/business

any suggestions? my groups is keen on an indoor pool, that's why i still haven't committed to one yet. thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 3* in Greentree also matches the Radisson. I get it often on Priceline for $40-45 bids. It has an indoor/outdoor pool, nice fitness area, dry sauna, internet availability.

It's a nice hotel. You would probably do better on priceline selecting 3* greentree and bidding $40-45.

The room internet access comes with a hefty charge though. $9.95/day. You can get free access down in the lounge. There is a table near the large wall mounted flatscreen tv that has network cords you can plug into.

======

For the gentleman who was interested in a hotel with an indoor pool for groups, it's hard to go wrong when you select Airport area and bid $30. I have ALWAYS gotten the Holiday Inn Airport, which is a nice hotel, with a LARGE indoor pool and lounge area, and a hot tub. The rooms are pretty decent and roomy too. I planned a Kennywood trip back in September and we had three families travelling. They all bid $30 and we all got the Holiday Inn. I think the HI is 2.5# on PL.

When I bid $35, I usually get upgraded to the Courtyard Marriot. It has nicer rooms that the HI, but a much smaller, though nice, indoor pool and spa.

Good luck. I'm getting ready to do some holiday travelling north with kiddies so I'll be bidding or hotwiring it to get indoor pools (I hope) in Morgantown and Pittsburgh and will post my results.

Cheers,

RJ

As of latest reports, the amenities associated with the Hyatt do not match the amenities associated with the Radisson (nor do the star ratings match).

While it may be true tht the Radisson offers all the amenities Hotwire associates with the Hyatt, they are not the same amenities that Hotwire associates with the Radisson, so there should be no confusion.

As well, i'll disagree somewhat with the suggestion of using Priceline for the above stay... a pool was a very desired amenity, and with Priceline there would be no way to assure that the property had a pool. So although the OP may have been able to save $2-$7/nite, how much would that savings be worth if the hotel received didn't have a pool?

I'll also re-iterate for everyone reading: hotels are added/removed/upgraded/downgraded all the time, so just because there have only been one or two hotels received in a given zone at the star rating you're bidding, you could always be the first to report a new property (or a star rating change) in a given area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]