Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help Oct 16-18-- "near" NYC

farangene
By farangene,
in

Hi

I recently registered here although I used P/L 2 years ago several times with great results. I will use one of your links above to make reservation this time.

Looking for a hotel near NYC where I plan to tour and meet friends.

1 person only.

Check in Oct 16 (Sun) and checkout on Oct 18 (Tues) for 2 nights.

No car so hotel should be near public transportation.

I would like to keep costs in the $70-100 per night category. NYC would be fine except I think my price goal range might be too low (?). 3 stars in Jersey City would be great but would settle for 2.5 stars. If unsuccessful, could add Secaucus and would consider Newark Airport area. Open to other ideas?

I don

I just checked hotwire and found a hotel in Newark Airport for $58 a night.

It is 2.5 stars with the following amenities:

airport shuttle

complementary breakfast

pool(s)

fitness center

high speed internet access

laundry facilties (self service)

This list seems to match the Country Inn at Newark Airport on your hotwire hotel list for Newark which lists the same amenities. The only other 2.5 star on the Newark list (Comfort Suites) excludes the Pool and Internet amenities.

Is it a fairly good assumption that the hotel offered is the Country Inn at Newark?

Thanks in advance again.

from the list "pinned" Hotwire hotels:

2.5* Country Inn and Suites

Amenities: Shuttle, Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry

So it looks like these amenities match, however, you could always be the first to report a new property for the list. The only issue with commuting into the city from this hotel is that you would need to catch the shuttle to the airport, take the airtrain to the train station, then catch a train into the city, this could make your commute an hour.

The Country Inn and Suites (as well as the majority of the Newark area) isn't going to put you near transportation (at least not easily accessible). You would likely need to take the hotel shuttle to the airport, then the public bus to Newark Penn Station, then the PATH into NYC... as well you probably don't want to be doing all of this late at nite (if you intend on staying out late)

My advice would either take a chance on the 1* on Hotwire believed to be the Ramada. This will at least put you near the Journal Square train in NYC and make for an easier commute, but this too is not an area i would want to be venturing around late at nite.

A better choice (imo) is the $136/nite rate at the Best Western by the Javitz Center in NYC. You'll save just a few dollars on commuting costs and although not the most ideal location in Manhattan, it's convenient enough to the subway and would be a LOT less of a hassle than your other options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]