NY NYC Shoreham Hotel

Dilbert
By Dilbert,
in

I got this hotel from Priceline. Here're the details of the deal.

Quick summary:

- Funky place, cool interior design, especially in the lobby.

- Good location, W 55th and 6th. Plenty of places to eat nearby.

- No view though, since the building is squashed in amongst many.

- Free Internet access at the Business Centre (1 PC).

- Good service overall - friendly and efficient. I'd a problem with my phone one night. I went down to the lobby to report it and check my email in the business centre (all up 5 minutes). By the time I got back to the room, an engineer was already there fixing it.

- The room I got was relatively large and quiet (maybe except the air-conditioner).

- Managed to 'lose' my laundry. When it didn't turn up when it should have (that night), I called. At first, they couldn't find it. After a few hours, they finally located it (it wasn't sent to the washer the previous day). At least they hurried it up and did it in a few hours (I was scheduled to leave that day). They discounted the laundry by 50% as a result.

Would I stay there again? Yes, probably.

• 2 weeks later...

Also to note, this hotel's 'standard' room can only accomodate a Queen size bed (no rollaways can fit, and no 'standard' rooms with 2 beds), something to note if when bidding this zone and needing 2 beds.

Dilbert can add info if his experience refutes the above info.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

We just returned from our stay. It was really nice. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff was very attentive. I had not called ahead to request NS or a room type, but when we checked in, she said that she had upgraded us to a double--two beds and more room. I asked if it was NS, and it was not, so she moved us at our request to a regular Q room. It was quiet. The room was smallish, but standard for NYC. The bathroom was big and not cramped as some are. Everything seemed very new. The toiletries were Aveda and there was a bathrobe in the room. The coffee machine in the lobby frothed milk, ground the beans fresh, and also had hot water for tea or hot chocolate.

The location was wonderful--sort of between MTE and MTW.

I would be pleased if I got that hotel again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]