Priceline Hotel: 2* Scranton (Scranton-Poconos) Fairfield Inn

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

made my same day bid, accessed the Priceline website through Savingsbarn.com, and proceeded to screw up almost immediately :) I picked the Scranton zone and 2.5*, bid $55 and was rejected. I seems that I also must have accidentally checked off the Wilkes-Barre zone as well because when I closed my browser and tried to rebid, I received a message that it was a duplicate; both 2.5*and 3* boxes were shaded and prevented me from bidding on a 3* property. I closed the browser again and re-accessed and selected Scranton, 2*, bid $47 and won:

Your Offer Price: $47.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $12.45

Total Charges: $59.45

Presented my Marriott Rewards card upon check in and received the room requested per my profile, plus heard my favorite two words: Free WiFi :o

The hotel website was $75 per night (or $82.50 with taxes) so I was happy with the rate, this would be a great location this winter for skiing Montage Mountain (10 mins. south) or Elk (about 45 mins north) for some Northeast Pennsylvania Powder: 2 inches of granular snow on top of a sheet of ice :) With the indoor pool and free breakfast (ok, the bagels are right out of the freezer) this is a good deal and probably can be had for less. This is just your basic, no frills Fairfield Inn that compliments a basic, no frills city in Northeast PA......Scranton.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]