HotWire Changing Format?

lcheni
By lcheni,
in

Noticed that in the Hotwire bidding:

I no longer see the hotel amenities icons

but, there is the new hotel hints.

Any suggestions on dealing with? strategies selecting the hotels?

how we for sure know before hand that we would get certain amenity we would like?

(e.g. free internet, shuttle etc)

Any ideas on the accuracy of the new "hotel hints" icon? Interesting. I'm looking at Des Moines area hotels in a couple of weeks (always searching and bidding through the BB Board links), and in a couple of cases the hotels identified are the only ones reported to the Board. Thoughts would be appreciated.

hohogap

The purpose is to give users an idea of what hotels fall into which star categories so that they can determine which star rating likely best fits their needs, not that it will be one of the properties listed. And some hotels listed under this "hint" isn't located in the zone you're looking at.

We have seen hotels listed as a hint that came up as a win but I wouldn't trust this.

I hope this helps.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 1 month later...

The hints are very misleading. I e-mailed hotwire wondering if you actually would win one on the hint hotels. Never heard back from them. Wonder why?!!!

I bought one of the hotels thinking it would be one of the hint hotels. Came up completely different and not in the same class at all.

Buyer beware.

I bought one of the hotels thinking it would be one of the hint hotels.

It would be apprecaited if you started to share your win(s) with the board so that the information can help others.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]