Priceline Hotel: Help w/4* hotel needed in USE 11/25-11/28

doppelg
By doppelg,
in

Start with PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. It is important to know how to check the zones yourself as this should be done before each bidding cycle in order to reduce the chances you end up in an area you don't want to be in.

Once you understand re-bidding we'll be able to suggest a strategy, but i'll also add that the Park Hyatt can't be targetted, nor is it a high commonly awarded hotel.... other hotels in the zone are more likely.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire has the Park Hyatt (4.5*) for your dates at $185 with the 4* (Hyatt Regency or Omni) at $95. I stayed there this summer (PH) and it was an excellent hotel but with that difference in price I would seriously look at the 4* options. We paid $120s I think but if my memory it got cheaper at the weekend in that area at that time of year. If you do a search on hotwire checking out on the 27th (Sunday) then the PH comes in at $155 per night. Strangely enough the 4* rate goes up at the weekend. I suspect this is Omni with a reference to proximity to Union Sq.

If you look at Hyatt.com (use link from Support Page) then you will see a rate of $189 for your dates at PH so may be better to book direct and so avoid any other fees from Hotwire. If you just put in the two nights the rate comes down to $179. Rates for Hyatt Regency start at $149 for your dates.

It is easy to identify the Park Hyatt through Hotwire but not to target via Priceline. I note that the last couple of Priceline PH wins have been for 1 night at the weekend and not too far before the date.

Hope this may help you in your quest.

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]