Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Trenton - Princeton (East - Monmouth Junction) Princeton Marriott At Forrestal

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

This was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal which I decided to go with so I could get a 3.5 star property and not the 4 star Westin in the area. The westin Is really nice so I kinda regret that decision but it all worked out in the end. Two hours later priceline reported a bid that was won at $65 for a hotel with the same amenities as well as ratings of a 8 or better.

When I decided to look for a hotel in this area on Priceline I thought I would get the Wyndham at Forrestal which I won in June of 2011 but did some research and found out that is now the Crowne Plaza. Im not sure it is still in business though as not one site would let you purchase a room and even their own site was not up. anymoreSo glad I didn't get that property as this stay was very nice.

The express deal i received was also an 8 or better at the 3 1/2 star level but there was another hotel - same amenities reporting at a7 or better rating. (Two days later I received the Doubletree Hotel in Princeton (East-Manmouth Junction) with EXACTLY same amenities, star level and rating level of an 8; Not knowing the area well enough I didn't even consider the Doubletree Hotel as an option at the 3 1/2 level). This is close to Sesame Place.

The room itself was VERY CLEAN and coming from me that is CLEAN; especially the beds and sheets; were EXCELLENT!! This being most important to me for sleeping so I was super happy. The beds were Super comfortable. They gave me a King with an extra twin size portable bed - the very good kind as there were no more double queen rooms left. The room was small and the bathroom was tiny; just enough room to put in the bare essentials but on a positive note it did have a refrigerator and a microwave where the Doubletree does not have either a refrigerator or a microwave. This Hotel also had a hot tub to go along with their indoor heated pool where the Doubletree only had a pool. This hotel is very large and there were many business meetings being held while we were here as well as a bus of college students. While it was practically full to capacity you did not even feel cramped. The pool had no one swimming when we went even with such a full house. The spa has a sauna but the added cost is $20 PWR person per day; which really means for one session per day. While this price is average it is still steep to me so I declined. The staff were super friendly and very helpful at all times. THey do have valet service which is $10 per day for your car but do not mind if you park your car yourself for no added cost

THe food at the bar was VERY VERY GOOD; high grade burgers and chicken and reasonable kids meal ($7.95 includes drink meal and 2 side choices while sandwiches for adults were %14 and up. My child got a hamburger the same size as I did but mine cost double without a drink. He loved it and the waiter/bartender - same person; was friendly and provided good service. All in all a pretty good stay. Keep in mind if you order Pizza you will have to go to the front desk to pick it up as they do not allow delivery people to go up to your room. Kinda defeats the point of ordering out which is why I am including that tidbit here.

They offer free wifi in the lobby; not in your room; and the charge is $12.95 per day. NEVER PAY THIS! GET WIFI AT HOTELS FOR LESS!! Call BOINGO 1-800-880-4117; and for only $9.95/month or a promo of $4.95/month you can get wifi in your room. They will ask you if you want a daily rate: say no so your charge will be less. Boingo gives wifi at all Marriot properties as well as many others. You can also use your ATT, T-mobile account to login; = you have to click on the left side of the scrren where it says wifi partner

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]