England London Holiday Inn Bloomsbury

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

The friendly, funny staff gave us our request of a twin-bedded, non-smoking room. The room had enough space to walk around in. Everything looked pretty new. The bathroom was fine, with great water pressure, although they use that Lux combined shower/shampoo gel. I think the hotel has been refurbished recently. We were able to control the heating and A/C in our room. The lobby looks fine, but not ornate. My daughter tested the wine glass and found it was real crystal.

The hotel is very convenient, being very close to a 24-hour Tesco Express grocery store, and the Russell Square tube station on the Piccadilly Line. If you want another line, go one stop to Kings Cross, and you have access to almost all of the tube lines. You can also walk to numerous sites within 10-20 minutes. There's a line of small restaurants and shops on Coram Street that have some (relatively) cheaper food. Bus stops are also close by, although we didn't end up taking the bus.

I know some people have complained about this hotel on TripAdvisor, but we found nothing to complain about. I'd say it was pretty close to a 4* hotel, at least for our room and experience, although it's only rated as 3* on Priceline (but 3.5* on Hotwire).

Best meal deal in London (unrelated to this hotel, but I thought I would mention it): 92 Chapel Market in the Islington area (Angel tube on the Northern Line). We got a full, all-you-can-eat Indian vegetarian buffet for 2.95 pounds each (yes, really!).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]