Hotwire Hotel: 3* Florence (Central) Hotel Diplomat

anyway
By anyway,
in

Bid up to $95 and decided it's not worth bidding more. Started to get "add $22" counteroffer in the airport zone at $87, so I'm sure a couple of $ more would get Boscolo Granducato. After reading that it's actually in an idustrial zone, not rural as the pictures on the website suggest, decided to pass.

Bid 5 days in advance.

Hotel Diplomat Florence

Via Luigi Alamanni 9, Florence, 50123, Italy

Amenities listed:

Hotel

Restaurant

Complimentary Breakfast

Was noted as best value.

Total for two days was $176.21 (including taxes). Got DTD $64 refund (see below).

I didn't find the website of this hotel. Most rates available online were in the $150-200 range, but Expedia had it for $80 - so not much of the savings I thought. After searching further I found channels.nl price of EUR 58 (including taxes and fees). Reported to Double The Difference.

I was wondering how will they calculate the refund - subtract the (unknown) service fee, subtract the taxes, convert to $ and compare - from the ammount refunded ($64) seems that they just took the rate I found and assumed it's $ rate without taxes. That's OK with me.

Purchase was made 5 days before the stay.

Tried Priceline in all zones up to $69 for 3* with no result. $95 for 4* was getting $22 counteroffer, so I'm 99% sure a couple of $ more would get Boscolo Granducato in the airport zone. Not worth it IMHO. It was $134 at Hotwire (judging for the amenity list - no other hotel had pool).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]