Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Omni Hotel at CNN Center

zzdocxx
By zzdocxx,
in

ThereUare, did I tell you today that you are beautiful? :)

=======================

Omni Hotel At Cnn Center 4-star

Remote control TV w/ premium channels Telephone w/ voicemail Radio Alarm Clock Iron and ironing board Hairdryer Business services 24 hour front desk Restaurant Room service Bellman Concierge Fitness center access

Check-In Date: Thursday, October 20, 2005

Check-Out Date: Thursday, October 27, 2005

Downtown Atlanta

100 Cnn Center

Payment Information:

Your Offer Price: $58.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 7

Subtotal: $406.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$69.78

Total Charges: $475.78

===================================

Using the handy strategy guide from this website, I first bid Downtown at $45, then added Union City at $50, then added Midtown at $58, which gave me the winning combo.

I had expected to get the Marriott Marquis, but The Omni is adjacent to my meeting site, whereas the Marriott is 7 blocks away. So that was a pleasant surprise! I believe the two hotels are roughly comparable.

==================================

OK, dumb newbie question:

I printed out a copy of the page with my info. I had an email of my itinerary sent to my own email address.

But I didn't get a seperate confirmation from Priceline via email. What happens next? Just keep my info and present it when I get to the hotel?

Is there any possibility the hotel could not honor the paid reservation?

Just wondering about the standard procedures here.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice on this, TUA.

I signed up for the Omni's program and sent them an email from the website.

I am a little concerned about getting bumped. Our annual meeting is moved there from N.O., I pricelined it Friday as soon as I found out, the organization doesn't even have the deal finalized yet, but when they do, I am sure the hotel will become fully booked immediately. Almost 30,000 professionals attend our annual meeting.

That is why I am concerned about being "bumped".

Also, I guess they can tell when it was booked through PL just by looking at the rate, or ???

I would be interested in any further input you might have on this.

BTW I am coming into Atlanta 2 days early just to get oriented, etc., hoping this will increase my chances for a good room and not getting bumped.

This thread almost deserved to be pinned IMHO.

I love this Omni. Go to the Omni's website and register for their Select Guest program. Specify your room particulars (king/doubles, foam/feather, high floor/low floor, etc) They will automatically link your Select Guest number to your Priceline reservation. They will also send you two coupons via snail mail, one for an upgrade, the other for 50% off a traditionally book weekend stay. However, they will usually take the upgrade coupon even on a Priceline stay. Upon checkin, they'll give you a card so you can choose morning beverages as well as an extra newspaper of your choice each morning. Specify your desired delivery time and hang it on your door. Voila! As a Select Guest, you are also entitled to late checkout, 5 pm I believe. Nice!

Just FYI, valet parking is the only option available, and it's $20/night. Be sure to call ahead from your room, and it'll be ready for you.

I would also ask for a room in the new North Tower, with views of Downtown. Much nicer that the South Tower rooms that look out over the CNN Center food court.

Have fun....

Dear April May

Thanks so much for your advice. I was wondering about which building to try for.

Since my meeting is at the adjacent GWCC, and I am flying in from California, I won't even need (or want!) to have a car.

I will look for those coupons.

BTW when I said the thread ought to be pinned, I was referring to the thread for getting optimal service when checking into the hotel, here is the link to that thread:

dang, now I can't find it, it was where TUA suggested joining the hotel's "Affinity" program. The thread was entitled After Bidding Instructions--I got it using the search function, still can't locate it by browsing, but here is the link.

After Bidding Instructions

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]