Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Doubletree on Lexington

jenndon
By jenndon,
in

Any tips? I posted part of this question under a duplicate bid question. I want to take my 7 year old daughter. We are going for the day, but spending the night would be a fun bonus for both of us.

I would like to stay in the Midtown West area. It seems that 3* and 4* are basically the same--price and quality. My husband has stayed in many of the 3* that were the same as the 4* listed.

I have been rejected up to $130. I can rebid Sunday (I have already employed all your free rebid tips--thanks ever so much for those!!).

I just wonder about the 2.5 *. The ones listed in the shop and compare seem okay, and I think some of them are just the boutique hotels that maybe don't have all the amenities? She's going to be excited by any hotel, and I just don't want to be grossed out. . . .

This is a kid trip so we are doing TRU Times Square, Build a Bear in Rockefeller Center, and American Girl primarily. She loves Times Square, and I'm hoping that we'll end up right there.

I did try to bid Upper Midtown, but more as a free rebid, assuming that those hotels are going to cost more. If not, I don't mind being there at Central Park either.

The other areas are just too far for us if we end up on the outskirts.

Location is more important than luxury, so if I end up in 2.5 * near Times Square, that would be okay.

I did bid 3* and 4*, going up to $130. I have my rebid strategy planned (adding areas etc), and will go a bit over $150 if necessary. I'll post results!

Me again--

Please look at my bidding strategy and tell me if you have any suggestions. I am totally obsessed with getting a winning bid! Just so you know, we are taking the train in from CT, so our "back up" is just not staying over, but we really want to stay over. I can rebid on Sunday morning and if I get all my ducks in a row, maybe I'll stop thinking about it!

Remember, it's just me and my 7 yr old daugther, so location is really what's important--preferibly MTW, but I will bid on UM and wouldn't mind if that was where we ended up. I really wouldn't mind most of MTE, but just can't risk being stuck out by UN.

I have bid 4* and 3* and been rejected up to $130. I don't know how high I'm willing to go. No higher than $170, and I really don't want to spend that.

4* MTW 140

Add UES 145

Add UWS 150

3* MTW 150

Add UWS 160

4* MTW and UM 160

Add UWS 165

Add UES 170

3* MTW and UM 165

then maybe try MTW 2.5* for 150

Questions--Are the rebids on the third bid, starting with MTW and UM not considered duplicates, since I added them on bid 1?

I know that I have to open new browser window each time (from savingsbarn. com :)

It probably won't make much difference, but to be more strategy, note the change below in bodl and italics:

4* MTW 140

Add UES 145

Add UWS 150

3* MTW 150

Add UWS 160

4* UM 150 (or 155)

Add MTW 160

Add UWS 165

Add UES 170

3* MTW and UM 165

Making the change above will at least gives you a chance at receiving the UM zone cheaper than you would have otherwise.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just saw that. Thanks. I'm rebidding tomorrow--those 72 hours take forever sometimes! It's good to know. I wouldn't at all mind being on Lexington, but I'm afraid of getting UN area in MTE. I know that there are some PL hotels over there, and that is far away from our target Times Square/Rockefeller Ctr area.

If I'm unsuccessful, with my MTW/UM strategy I will probably add MTE, because those are better hotels than my backup.

Thereuare (or others)--How is the transportation from UN to the other areas? We don't mind some walking, and I'm not too afraid of the subway (dh usually gets us going in the right direction and this is girl's only :) ). Also, I guess if I am paying $40 less for a hotel, we could certainly hail a couple of cabs to get to and from.

If you end up by the UN it's a 10 minute walk to Grand Central where you can go just about anywhere in the city you'd like (via Subway). There are also busses that run along this area which can you take you to a subway (or directly to Times Square, depending exactly where you are)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid Won! MTE Doubletree Metropolitan MTE 3* $135 staying Sept 9, one night. That was my first bid in MTE, and thanks to Beav's recent successful bid, sort of my "backup".

I changed up my process (and $) from above (will detail below).

4* MTW 150

Add UES 155

Add UWS 160

3* MTW 160

4* MTW and UM 165

Add UWS 170

Add UES 175

3* UM 155

Add MTW 165

Add UWS 175

Then I just went straight to MTE at the 3*, not above, since I knew that Beav had gotten Dbltree, and the location was fine with me.

Thereuare--I don't know if you (or I) can change the title of this post or repost so it would be easier to see the winning hotel/star rating/area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]