Priceline Hotel: Getting 2 Beds Via Priceline

kaneda
By kaneda,
in

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to use PRICELINE to get a 5* room in Las Vegas in April. However, I'm going to need two beds in the room. Does anyone have an idea of the success rate of using PRICELINE to book a 5* hotel in Vegas - and then calling the hotel to either confirm 2 beds or have them modify the reservation to get 2 beds?

If this isn't possible, can this be done using HOTWIRE?

Thanks in advance,

kaneda

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. One can call the hotel and make a request after booking, but the hotel can say no or charge more. There have been a number of instances in Vegas where 5*'s have charged more for upgrading to two beds. Again though, it can depend on the day, hotel and who you talk to - someone may be successful and another person may not.

How many people are in your party? HOTWIRE does not guarantee two beds either but you should get bedding for the entire party if you indicate more than two people (that can mean 2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.) Additionally, what are the exact date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It's complicated, but really you can't guarantee it and I wouldn't count on it. The Venetian, Palazzo and Aria charge extra for double beds. Vdara and Trump don't have double beds in any rooms. I'd plan on paying for a rollaway or an upgrade.

If you are really concerned I'd bid 4 star. All of those have no charge 2 beds.

kaneda,

Although i think unlikely in Vegas, i'll just add that it's possible that your 4* bid gets upgraded to a 5* level hotel, so bidding the 4* in order to receive a 4* hotel (where you may be more likely to get a room with two beds without an up-charge) is not a 'foolproof' method.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these previous links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. One can call the hotel and make a request after booking, but the hotel can say no or charge more. There have been a number of instances in Vegas where 5*'s have charged more for upgrading to two beds. Again though, it can depend on the day, hotel and who you talk to - someone may be successful and another person may not.

How many people are in your party? HOTWIRE does not guarantee two beds either but you should get bedding for the entire party if you indicate more than two people (that can mean 2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.) Additionally, what are the exact date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Aaron - thank you for your reply. There are 2 people in my party, including myself. The dates of travel would be April 11th-15th. Would I be better off going for 1 room that could sleep three people?

It's complicated, but really you can't guarantee it and I wouldn't count on it. The Venetian, Palazzo and Aria charge extra for double beds. Vdara and Trump don't have double beds in any rooms. I'd plan on paying for a rollaway or an upgrade.

If you are really concerned I'd bid 4 star. All of those have no charge 2 beds.

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to review the 4* hotel list in both the center and north sections of the strip.

kaneda,

Although i think unlikely in Vegas, i'll just add that it's possible that your 4* bid gets upgraded to a 5* level hotel, so bidding the 4* in order to receive a 4* hotel (where you may be more likely to get a room with two beds without an up-charge) is not a 'foolproof' method.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these previous links before replying.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help - I could end up just getting the Monte Carlo for $400 for the entire trip (before taxes and resort fees) - that way I'm guaranteed 2 beds. I'm wondering if I'm better off going that route.

Thanks for your help everyone.

-Brendan

Your first post suggests that you're hoping for a 5* hotel for this trip and your last post mentions going for the Monte Carlo which are in two totally different leagues, imo; so it really depends what is more important to you. The Monte Carlo will certainly be cheaper, and perhaps significantly so, but it will be a totally different experience then staying in one of the 5* hotels on the strip.

If you do choose that route please use the board's Monte Carlo link as also found in our Support Page... or our PRICELINE / HOTWIRE links if you move forward with the opaque providers.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd love to have a 5* hotel - but I suppose I really need a guarantee that I can have two beds. Based off of what I've read, all of the 4* hotels offer two bed rooms as the same price as a one bed room, but that is not the case with the 5* rooms.

I think I need to review all of the 4* hotels in each bidding area on the strip - then make sure by going to each of their websites that each place has a 2 bed room for the same price as a 1 bed room. If they're acceptable - than I can try bidding for a 4* room in each area of the strip.

If I end up getting a 5* for whatever reason, I can try calling the hotel and getting a cot. Is there a situation where a 5* hotel may not allow this?

Edit: now that I've reviewed the hotel are map - I think my best bet is to go for a 4* in the "strip north" area and follow the rebidding guidelines. That way I'd end up at the Mirage or TI most likely.

Edit: now that I've reviewed the hotel are map - I think my best bet is to go for a 4* in the "strip north" area and follow the rebidding guidelines. That way I'd end up at the Mirage or TI most likely.

If you bid for 4*, there is the possibility you could get upgraded to 5*. What I would suggest would be to use HOTWIRE and indicate four people - 2 adults and 2 children (even if there isn't two children, and I would go with searching for 2 adults and 2 children rather than indicating four adults.) That should result in some form of bedding for the entire party (2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.)

• 3 weeks later...

PRICELINE doesn't guarantee 2 beds, and at some hotels will guarantee a single bed depending on hotel availability.

HOTWIRE allows you to choose the number of people in the room at the time of bidding. Be sure to select 3 or more. Some prices might be based on occupancy, so you might save a couple of dollars by saying 3 instead of 4.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]