Priceline Hotel: 4* Palm Springs Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel

edserran
By edserran,
in

Current rates look pretty high so i investigated further and there is a Coachella Music Festival this weekend (it's a 2 weekend event, the second weekend if April 19-21) that draws 150K people.

Do you want to wait as per allstamp's comments above OR do you want to bid up to your limit now given the large crowd expected for the event (although the event ends on Sunday, at least a percentage will likely stay one extra day to not have to go back to wherever 'home' is immediately after the concerts end)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have ONE re-bid zone... none at the 3.5* level.

I'll suggest a few options as i'm not sure how 'desperate' you feel about this stay given the music festival.

First, PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the Palm Springs zone for $159/nite... use the link and code in my signature for an additional 5% and your cost down to ~$151/nite which given other prices i'm seeing doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. There is also a 3* for $76... so if 'push came to shove' i'm not sure if you'd prefer the lower priced hotel below your desired 3.5* rating OR the higher rated 4* hotel just above your budget.

If you'd sooner increase your budget to the 4* i would bid as follows:

Select 4* Palm Springs...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Palm Springs...

Bid $100

If the above wait 24 hours and re-try:

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $120

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $130

If all of the above is rejected i'd take the 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS property for $159 (less 5%).

If you're $130 budget is firm i'd bid as follows:

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $100

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $110

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $120

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid $130

NOTE: that some while you're trying to save a few dollars by bidding over 3-4 days you run the risk of the 4* and/or 3.5* hotels in PRICELINE EXPRESS disappearing, which is a realistic possibility given the event in town. This is why i went up in mostly $10 increments since i'd rather get to your limit as soon as possible in order to lessen the chance of the PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels disappearing/selling out. If this is a concern of yours (again, not sure how 'desperate' you feel this bid is) you can start later in the suggested bidding cycle and/or increment at more than $10/bid in order to expedite getting to your maximum bid.

Hope that all makes sense but if a question about anything feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

EDIT TO ADD: i also just found the Ingleside Inn for $180/nite and it is fully refundable up until a few days before your stay... if this is an option i'd book this as a back-up and then that takes some of the pressure off while you continue to try PRICELINE for a better deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you locked in this deal as it appears to be a very nice discount compared to a conventionally booked room for this nite.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]