Hotwire Hotel: 3* Providence - Newport (Downtown) Wyndham Garden

casperslc
By casperslc,
in

Then click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and reply to this thread with the name of the zone you're looking to bid and we'll have a look at your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure what you're entering for the city/location but 'Downtown' is Zone4 on my search when i enter 'Providence, RI' as the location, which is why we ask for zone names and not numbers.

What is the minimum star rating you'd like to try for this stay? If less than 4* are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive hotel at the minimum star level you designate?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was looking at the PRICELINE site but I certainly could have made a mistake. I would like 3.5 plus but I would take 3 plus. The cost is more important at this point. If I could get 75 - 100 I owuld take 3 stars and up. I would like to try 3.5 first if possible. Thank you

I used your PRICELINE link and checked Providence RI again and saw that it says zone 3 - downtown. Zone four is Coventry.

So to confirm... do you want to first try for a 3.5* hotel in the Downtown zone up to $100, then if that is rejected try for a 3* property up to the same limit?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

When bidding 3.5* in Providence you have THREE re-bid zones... only ONE re-bid zone at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would start by lowing balling a bit with the following:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

If the above is rejected don't get discouraged, just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

24 hours from your last bid try again:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

If that too is rejected wait another 24 hours and re-try:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

PS- when replying use the ADD REPLY button near the bottom of the page (to the right of the PRICELINE QUICK QUOTE search box) instead of the way at the bottom of the post, as this will prevent you from quoting the previous message each time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would not recommend bidding at the 2.5* level. I don't think there are any 2.5* hotels truly in downtown Providence. The only one I could find in the whole city is on Douglas Ave, an ugly location and not at all convenient to the main part of the city. (If you don't mind staying out of the action, I'd recommend bidding in the airport zone instead.)

What seems to be the Wyndham Garden is listed on HOTWIRE for $100. The main problem with it is that it is not in downtown Providence at all, but in Fox Point. It's not walkable to anything, but they do have a shuttle. (The other 3*s in Providence would be far superior, IMHO.)

If it were me, I'd keep bidding on PRICELINE at the 3.5* level. The Marriott often shows up, and although it's a bit worn out it's in a good location and would be a good summer hotel, with an outdoor pool and pool bar. And you might luck out and snag the Hilton.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works well for your plans and that you're happy with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]