Sanford, FL

Willow Branch
By Willow Branch,
in

I went to Hotwire to book an economy car at Sanford, FL airport-- March 16 (5:30PM) & drop-off March 24 at 7:AM. The price is about $380.00. HOWEVER, if I change my pickup time to 1:00PM rather that 4 1/2 hours later, I would save $150.00!! WOW! I would have the car for a longer period of time & would be paying $150.00 less.

Unfortunately, our flight doesn't get in until 5:30 pm.

What would happen if I booked it for 1:00 & then called them that I would be arriving a few hours later. Has anyone done this before? Would I loose my reservation? I have never read anything about this before, so thought I would get some advice from all the experts.

THANKS in advance for your opinions!

Willow Branch

I went to Hotwire to book...

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at and comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Whenever I change the time to 1:00 for pickup, I get the $240.00 charge. HOWEVER, after I read your post, I then looked at it more carefully--what Hotwire did to me every time was then change the city (I noticed that changed the city to Orlando in very small, tiny print). Goes to show one ALWAYS to be on their toes!!

THANKS for answering me! I am still quite surprised that a rental car (ECONOMY) is so expensive. (I think I'll go into the rental car business!! :))

Have a GREAT day & thanks for this AWESOME site!!!!

Willow Branch

In some smaller markets (and this goes for hotels, car rentals, and airline tickets) there is little competition from other suppliers so they are able to keep their rates fairly high and not need to discount as much... vs. a large city like Orlando where there is LOT of rental car competition as well as for hotels and carriers flying to MCO, it forces the travel suppliers to be a bit more competitive and offer deeper discounts to win the business from their competing suppliers.

Thanks for the compliments on the site... appreciate that! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]