Just got screwed using the board's maps

exp1orer
By exp1orer,
in

Better bidding maps are used to help you know where certain star hotels are located. According to the maps the only areas in Charlotte NC with 4 star hotels are downtown (where we wanted to stay)and Airport, so as long as I stay 4 star and dont select Airport I should only get 4* Downtown. WRONG! I just got stuck in southpark. a 20 min drive to downtown. I LIVE 40 MINS AWAY. We are getting a room because we want to drink and dont want to drive. Probably done with Priceline and I don't think I can trust better bidding anymore.

That's because you're doing it wrong. The maps on this site are not meant to be a comprehensive listing of Priceline's inventory. It's a history of what has been reported by users of this site. Those are two different things.

The ONLY way to find out for sure what star levels are available in each zone is by clicking on the individual zones on Priceline.

You shouldn't give up on this site or on Priceline. You just have to do gain a better understanding of how they work.

Sorry that your hotel bid went wrong. That stinks.

EDIT: And now that I have looked at the Better Bidding map myself, the very first hotel that shows up on the Charlotte list is a 4* in the Airport Zone. So I really have no idea what you were looking at.

I knew Airport had 4 star that's why I didn't select it. I selected Southpark. Read my post again. According to the maps 4 star only shows up in Airport and downtown. I ended up with a 4 star in Southpark (where there's not supposed to be a 4 star. bottom line is... You can't trust the maps. If you do, be prepared for a possible surprise.

Gotcha - even so, my point that the Better Bidding map is not meant to be a comprehensive list still stands. It is simply a list of all the winning bids that have been reported to this site. Looks like you'll be the first person to report a 4* in Southpark. The map is meant for you to be able to check on winning bid histories, not to see what hotels might be availabe for your particular dates. Priceline inventory changes daily.

I'll chime in...

Sorry you received a hotel in a zone that you didn't intend, but as noted above you shouldn't be using the Priceline Maps to determine your re-bid zones. The only method that should be used to determine your re-bid zones is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained.

In the future feel free to ask for help before you bid and we can confirm your approach and/or bidding strategy.

As also noted above it would be appreciated if you shared your win with the board, as this will enable us to add your win to the Priceline Hotel List, as well as have it appear in the Priceline Maps and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sir - Sorry this happened, but you cannot blame BetterBidding for what happened to you. The only way to determine for sure if any area is a rebid zone is if you click on the zones and do the work right before you bid. PL can add a 4* hotel in any zone at any time. BB is not in charge of them. To blame this board for your mistake is patently ridiculous.

That being said, this sort of thing has happened to me, most recently with an upgraded hotel that I was trying to avoid. You could throw yourself on Priceline's mercy and see if they will take it back and let you try again. They will sometimes do this on a one time basis if you have never asked before. Try it and maybe you will get lucky.

If not, it is a shame that this happened and I understand your frustration. But there is no way you can blame it on anyone else. Really.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]