Priceline Hotel: 2* to 4* dwntn Seattle / Lake Union

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

In need of lodging for a full week in downtown Seattle (with Lake Union as Plan B ) I did an exhaustive set of bids with no succees. Rather than spell out the details I'll just touch on the bid ranges.

I think the Bumbershoot Festival (which I'm attending in addition to staying over an extra two days for business reasons) may be a contribnuting factor in addition to the short term nature of the bids. A few years ago (2002) I won the Seattle Elliott Grand Hyatt for $40 or $45 per night for a five night stay - definitely my best PL win ever!

Last year my collegues bid PL for the same period and was forced to go to about $100 per night for 4* and received the Sheraton Towers (which he describes as less than 4*). This years longer stay requires more careful budgeting....

Bids for 2 rooms

Bid 4* dwntn and all free rebids up to $95

Bid 3* dwntn and all free rebids up to $65 then added lake Union at $82

Bid 2.5* dwntn and all fre rebids up to $68 and then added Lake Union at $80

Bid 2* dwntn and then added Lake Union at $75

No luck but availability was spotty for an entire one week period, prices were high through the usual suspects (VERY high through Hotwire) and we weren't willing to split the stay.

Ultimately ended up at Sea To Sky Rentalsvia Vacation Rentals By Owner and got the very last unit they had available (of the dozen more listed). It's just a few blocks from the edge of downtown- on the east side of I5. Not a bad deal at about $110 per night split between two guys.

We'll flip a coin to see who gets the bedroom and who sleeps on the airbed in the LR but with a kitchen, sattelite TV and DSL it's a good pad for the week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]