Bidding for 4 in 1 room?

Kristi Bult
By Kristi Bult,
in

Priceline and Hotwire only guarantee accomodations for 2 people per room. However, in many places that are family oriented (like many cities in Florida for example) i have never heard of it being a problem; in many 'downtown' cities (like NYC) that are notorious for small rooms, it can be a BIG problem. You can call the hotel after you win your bid and put in a request for a room with 2 beds, but it's only a request and your room will be assigned based upon avialability at check-in.

What city/zone are you looking for?

I never tell anyone else how to spend their money, but you may want to consider getting 2 rooms... assuming your boys know how to behave themselves on their own :) (2 rooms via Priceline can often cost you less than one room booked conventionally)

The other option is to use Hotwire and see if you are given the option of a 'suite' hotel (indicated by the red "S" icon) where you would likely have a little problem with 4 in a room.

Here are some other links that discuss this topic:

Quad Occupancy

After Bidding Instructions

Almost forgot... welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

..."I've read of a few locations (like the Westin in San Francisco) using a single smaller-size double bed for one room"...

Another reason this can happen is with accessible rooms. Twice recently at the Kansas City Airport Hilton, I was given an accessible room with one double bed (I was travelling alone so it wasn't a big deal).

Strictly as an unscientific observation, I have found that older hotels, which often have sections or wings that were built in different years, are more prone to having rooms of varying size and layout, while newer construction tends towards "cookie-cutter" uniformity (no guarantees, of course)!

Another advantage of aiming at all-suite properties is that you will get two televisions :)

Thanks for the quick replies! We will be in Fort Lauderdale and I was thinking of trying for the Embassy Suites so I don't think room for 4 will be a problem but I didn't know what the hotel would think if 4 of us showed up especially since there are some perks like shuttle service, breakfast, and a cocktail reception.

I've never heard of any problems at that property (i've actually heard of 5 people checking in there without a problem, if i recall correctly).

If you post the area and the dates of travel in the Florida section i'll take a look at what's around and add any additional comments.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]