England London Thistle Bloomsbury

wcj1
By wcj1,
in

Review in a nutshell: Will not bid this zone again unless I feel sure that I will not get the Bloomsbury. It really does not qualify as a 4*.

The previous year we had received the Thistle Marble Arch and the quality of the rooms did not compare in any way. The Bloomsbury gave us a much smaller room with very uncomfortable beds. The beds were uncomfortable enough that we called the desk to ask for another room. We were told all the beds were the same throughout the hotel. I was not feeling well so we decided to stick with the room rather than trek back to the desk. Later I read a review elsewhere where someone had the same issue with this hotel, and was able to change to a better room. Oh well.

Room was small, with only one upholstered chair and one regular chair beyond the 2 beds. A small writing table and a small end table. Bathroom was tiny. We really missed our room at the Marble Arch which was the complete opposite of this.

Overall, the public areas were not as nice in comparison either. Fairly bland decor, and we had to go through several doorways to get to our room on the back of the '1st' floor. It as March, and the temperature between these zones would move between at least 60 and 80. It was very weird to be blasted by all these varying temperatures while walking down the hotel.

The positives about this hotel revolve around its location. About 2 blocks from the British Museum and ~3 blocks from the Holborn tube station which several lines go through including the Piccadilly line to LHR. A good sized Sainsbury's was across from the tube. Other shopping and such around the hotel.

Since we like being comfortable in our room, we will not be bidding 4* in the Marble Arch-Bloomsbury zone again unless this hotel is downgraded or we can duplicate someone else

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]